Rose Dawson

Elder Rose POV:

"1500 people went into the sea when titanic sank from under us. There were 20 boats floating nearby and only one came back. One. Six were saved from the water, myself included. Six. Out of 1500. Afterward, the 700 people in the boats had nothing to do but wait. Wait to die. Wait to live. Wait for an absolution... that would never come," I explained.

Rose POV:

As my lifeboat was raised into the rescue ship of RMS Carpathia, all I could feel was... broken. I was helped aboard and I just threw myself into an officer, who helped me to steady myself. I slowly made my way around the ship. I couldn't cry anymore. I had cried myself out. I felt nothing. I didn't know how I survived 17 years without Jack. He was a part of me. Losing him ached like losing a body part. My life would never be the same without him. He kept me going. He saved me. He loved me, not because I was rich or because of my looks but because of who I was. He understood me. He trusted me. I felt as if my heart had been broken into too many pieces for it to be fixable. I wanted to die, Jack wanted to live. Jack died for me and... I was going to live for Jack. And no matter how hard my life should get, I would remember my promise to him and keep going. Keep pushing. And never ever let go. And I wouldn't go back to Cal or mother. I would make it myself. Do what Jack did. Become an artist. Or a sculpture. Or a dancer. Or an actress. And be poor but free. I saw Cal step down to the third class deck, most likely in search of me. I covered myself up with a blanket and saw him run up to a different red haired girl and say my name. "Rose." He seemed like he cared. His voice made it seem that way. But I knew he didn't. He just wanted money. I saw him take a few more steps along the deck, looking around before heading back up to first class. I made my way over to the statue of liberty. It made me think of him. I knew how much he wanted to go home... and he never made it home. He crushed his dream so I could live. So I was going to pursue his new dream. And live his life for him. I would go to that pier in santa Monica. I would drink cheap beer. I would ride on the rollercoasters until I threw up. And I would ride horses on the beach, right in the turf. The right way. With one leg on each side. And even though he wouldn't be there to do it with me, I knew he would somewhat be with me for the rest of my days. "Can I take your name please, love?" The voice startled me. I looked at the officer checking off passengers on the passenger list. I thought for a moment before answering. "Dawson. Rose Dawson." I didn't care if we never married. He was my one true love, my soulmate, my forever. And I was honoured to be a Dawson. I took off Cal's jacket and as I did so, a pen fell out and rolled to my foot. I threw the jacket overboard, no more memories of him. I then reached into the pocket of my dress and felt something. I pulled it out and gazed down at it, smiling. It was a note. A previously soaking wet note that had appeared to have dried out inside my pocket. And the note read, "I love you, Rose DeWitt Bukater, forever and always, Jack Dawson. I can't wait to make each day count with you." I picked up the pen that had fallen out of Cal's pocket and scored out DeWitt Bukater, replacing it with Dawson. He must have slipped the note into my pocket some time after I told him I would be getting off of the ship with him when it docked. And the ship never did dock. But if it had, I would've made each day count with him. I smiled back up at the statue of liberty and quietly said, "I love you, Jack Dawson. Forever and always."

ELDER ROSE POV:

"We never found anything on Jack. There was no record of him at all," Mr Bodine told me. "No, there wouldn't be would there? And I've never spoken of him until now. Not to anyone. Not even my late husband. But now you know that there was a man named Jack Dawson and that he saved me, not just from Titanic but from Caledon, who I somehow made it without. Jack saved me in every way that a person could possibly be saved. I don't even have a picture of him. He exists now.. only in my memory."

GUYSSSS I WAS SOBBING SO HARD WHILE WRITING THIS CHAPTER ITS 5AM AND HERE I AJ BALLING MY EYES OUT! I HOPE YOU LIKED HOW INSTEAD OF HER FINDING THE HEART OF THE OCEAN IN CAL'S POCKET, SHE FOUND A NOTE FROM JACK IN HER OWN POCKET! I WANTED TO ADD SOME MORE EMOTION!! TY SM FOR READING

THE END