onze première partie

xxx.

chapter onze première partie.
eleven part one.

xxx.

        " So, are you going to make me say it, or are you planning on just spilling your heart out to me so I don't have to? " Alex asked as she and Theo walked behind the group that was tasked with berry hunting after they'd sent Travis and Natalie out on their first hunt. The taller girl had started to slow her strides significantly, trying to add distance between them and the others, which worked, since Theo had already started to lag behind when she realized Alex was.

          " Uh..say what? " Theo looked over at her, dark brows knitted as she messed with a frayed thread inside the pocket of her letterman jacket.

Alex gave her an unimpressed glance, then looked ahead to make sure they were far away enough from the rest of the girls. She gestured her head aside, and the two of them stepped off of the imaginary path and stood behind one of the trees. The taller girl crossed her arms and looked down at Theo expectantly, but said nothing.

Theo just stared back up at her, eyes stark blue and full of confusion as she shook her head a little, "..What? "

" Oh, please, " Alex whispered with a short eye roll. Normally she wouldn't bother being that deep into someone's business, but, like she had told Taissa, she felt some sort of obligation to Theo, and she guessed that included..whatever this conversation was. Unfortunately, Alex didn't know the best way to go about talking about it, so her tone faltered a little as she said, " I know that you..you know. "

Theo continued to stare at her blankly.

" Oh my god, aren't you supposed to be one of the smart ones? " She questioned with a quiet groan, then quickly followed up with, " You like girls, right? That's rhetorical, because the whole point is that I already know. "

The shorter girl's face froze, and she felt like her blood had run cold. She tried to recover from her reaction fast, letting out a nervous laugh and taking a half step back, " What? What are you talking about? I'm— "

When she got a little ahead of herself, her brain trying to move ten times faster than her words, Alex simply raised a brow challengingly. Theo held her sharp eyes for another moment, then turned and looked around the tree trunk at the figures of the others in the distance before she whirled back around to look at Alex.

With a defeated sigh, she raised a hand to adjust her jacket and asked, " I don't..I don't even know what I am. How the hell did you find out? "

" We're on an all girls soccer team in a small town, and we're actually good. There's bound to be at least four gay girls on the team " Alex remarked in all seriousness, looking at Theo as if it was an obvious answer, " And if I wasn't one of them, I still would think the way you ogle Matthews was borderline starvation. "

" Oh, I do not fucking ogle— " Theo cut herself off after shooting Alex a dry expression when she realized the full implication of what she said. The pale girl's face contorted as she asked, " You? "

" Me. " Alex replied casually, but Theo was too wrapped up in the moment to fully comprehend both her confession and her out outing.