Cherry Blossom

Sakura POV

A genjutsu...that has to be what this is. I laid there with the hospital pillow covering my face, my mind swirling around all of the new and strange information. I mean there was absolutely no other explanation obviously. Kakashi sensei being seventeen, Lord fourth being alive...at least if I accept that I'm stuck in a genjutsu I can maybe break it. That had to he what the man who ambushed us did. I wonder if anyone else got away.

I silently let it sink in that I may be trapped here for a bit of time until someone was able to break this. I could try myself...It couldn't hurt and I should have enough chakra to at least try.

I sat up in the hospital bed, letting the pillow fall into my lap before taking a breath which was still uncomfortable to do with my injuries, but I brushed it off. I folded my hands, pressed my index finger's together and closed my eyes. "Release!"

Nothing happened as I peeked out of one eye. I needed to focus more, infuse more chakra. I tried again, taking another breath.

"RELEASE!" I basically shouted this time, still nothing happening. The third time I tried I started to become lightheaded, the silver haired boy coming back quickly as I fell back against the bed.

I looked at him and sighed. "Great, you're still seventeen".

"And you're still acting strange" He tilted his head. "Were you trying to break a genjutsu? I told you, you aren't under one".

I closed my eyes. "That's what a genjutsu person would say, I just don't have the strength to break it, but I'll get out of it soon". I looked out the window, wishing that little blue bird would come back and distract me. "If Kakashi-Sensei and Naruto are still okay that is..."

He had sat down in the chair next to my bed. "You're really adamant about me being your Sensei".

"That's because you are, Ive been telling you that!" I was getting a little annoyed that he wasn't listening, or at least wasn't comprehending anything I was telling him. "Jeez, you sure were an idiot as a kid".

He squinted. "Hey now! You're the one acting like a weird lost crazy girl and I'm the idiot? You got some nerve!"

"You're annoying as Naruto too...I can't wait to ask you about your attitude when I wake up".

I was clearly getting under this fake Kakashi's skin, I could tell by the way his whole demeanor changed. Older Kakashi-Sensei would be offended by the childish behavior.

"Okay fine. Have it your way". He had stood up. "I'll just let lord Danzo know he can come collect you, hell maybe I'll just have Itachi do it".

My eyes widened, the name striking a nerve somewhere. "I-Itachi uchiha?" I had forgotten that Kakashi-Sensei wasn't going to be the only one in this place, but Itachi? Who else was I going to come across?

"Oh, so you know him as well?" He sat back down. He was trying to get me to spill more information...

I turned my head from him again. "Do whatever you want, it doesn't matter to me. This is all very not real anyway". I was trying to convince myself that maybe betting interrogated would help. Maybe they could fix this whole situation, but I couldn't tell him that of course.

"Well luckily for you I already have made the arrangements with Lord Fourth. You are to be under my watch as an ANBU Shinobi".

I whipped my head around and stared at him. "W-wait...so you're going to be like watching me?". I suppose out of the options this could be the most ideal out of them all. I was at least used to spending time with Kakashi-Sensei and he admittedly was being nice to her with everything that she was saying. "I guess that's fine then..."

He had nodded his head, leaving out the way he came in which left me feeling a little lonely again. I was so used to Naruto bursting into my hospital rooms and being extra spastic to cheer me up, or Sai with his strange way of comforting me the best he could with his inability to read people or speak to them the way he should...or Kakashi-Sensei leaning against the wall shaking his head at the scene, trying to hold the yellow haired boy from getting them kicked out. I really missed them all.

I wasn't sure how much longer I would be kept at the hospital, but it gave me time to try and come up with a plan. I was going to need one in case I woke up and we were still in the midst of a fight or worse. The fourth great ninja war was basically on our heels, the world was a very dangerous place yet again.

Hours passed, I had decided to go back to sleep and recover some more. If I had been able to activate any of my medical abilities before that explosion I wouldn't be in this mess, but the amount of chakra that had drained from my body left me with none stored to release the strength of one hundred seal. If I could then I would just heal myself much faster.

Whatever that man that attacked them had done, it was really taking a toll in more ways than one. Maybe if we had been more alert this wouldn't have happened, but even then he was like no man they had ever come up against.

"Miss...Sakura?"

A nurse opened the sliding door and stepped in. I refused to give them my last name after I had spoken to the Hokage. He said it might be better off that way for the time being. "Yes ma'am". I gave her a sweet smile. If I acted like I was okay maybe they would release me and I could figure out more of what was going on.

"We'll be releasing you to Kakashi Hatake and Minato Namikaze" She was reading off of a paper on the clipboard in her hand. I could tell she was new so I kept a polite demeanor for her. "Whenever you're ready we can have you out of here. None of your injuries are life threatening any longer. You will need more rest and no strenuous activities for at least another week or two". She had finished and looked up at me as if looking for approval.

"Thank you ma'am. I appreciate the information". I had held my smile, absolutely happy when I saw her let out a breath of relief. She must have had some tough patients since starting here. "If possible I would like to leave by tonight".

The woman nodded her head quickly and hurried out. I couldn't help but chuckle and remember how nervous I was when I started to help in the hospital. I was always so excited to start helping out, but I got shy when I had to explain things.

Oh well...I guess all I can do is wait and see what happens and hope maybe my teammates will be able to help me wake up before I need to work harder to escape. They had a week before I would take it into my own hands.

.........................................

Hey everyone! I am back from my extremely long hiatus to finish this book.

I apologize for the long wait but life is busy and sometimes you lose all desire to do what you love, but that's no longer an issue and I am back and better than ever!