Hiding in Plain Sight

They knew we were here; we may as well come out and face them.

As I was about to jump down, Minato-Sensei held his fist up and spoke. "I don't think that is necessary, we aren't trying to engage in anything, I just want to understand this mission of yours. It does seem strange that the blood mist village would travel this far into our territory without notice you see."

The man with the blue hair had his hand on the handle of his blade on his back. "C'mon captain, let's just take this guy out already." He said excitedly. This guy had no self-control and it was obvious. "Shut up Okura!" the white haired one spoke up. Those two seemed to be the arguing type, how annoying.

"We just wanted to check on some of your friends Minato. You know how these war missions can be." Kurokawa sighed. "We don't need to shed any unnecessary blood here." He went to turn away as if saying that the conversation was over.

Rin's voice suddenly rang through the trees "KAKASHI BEHIND YOU."

AGHHHH

I felt the slice of something ripping through my shoulder blade just as I was moving out of the way, the tip of his sword must have caught me. How did I not see Okura move? I glanced down at the ground gripping my shoulder in pain. He was still down there, but he was smiling up at me with deep green eyes before his body collapsed into a puddle.

A water clone.

Rin appeared behind me, her hands pushing against my wound. "It's deep Kakashi, how did you not see him?" She almost sounded angry with me. "I'm sorry, I thought I had my eyes on him the whole time." She was trying to heal the gash enough to stop the bleeding, but before she could finish I roundhouse kicked behind me, just above her head and landed a blow to the side of Okura's face, sending him flying to the ground with a loud smash.

...

Minato-Sensei was still standing below us, but he now was ready to fight the other two men. "Leave them alone, I can take all three of you myself." He was smirking, I couldn't call his bluff, no doubt he had marked the trees nearby for his flying reijin, making him the fastest man here, not to mention his special kunai.

"Well if it has to come to this..." Kurokawa sighed. "I guess I have to let Ishii here take all of your lives." With that the white-haired man, Ishii, moved his hands quickly signing his next move. Suddenly a thick cloud of mist rolled through the forest, it was thick enough that you couldn't even see your own hand in front of your face. Rin had replaced her hands onto my shoulder blade after my kick, I bought her more time to heal me, but it wouldn't be enough to fully fix it, I would have to deal with it. "Thank you, Rin, I think I can handle it now." I said, shrugging my shoulder, rotating my arm and getting a feel for the pain. It would have to do, we had to guard against attacks.

Minato-Sensei yelled up to us "Trust your instincts!". We both knew what he meant without him having to be specific, the enemy didn't know what skills we had, and they didn't seem to notice my sharingan either, if they did, they would have known that there was no point in visual impairment. Rin had her eyes closed, focusing on the enemy's chakra patterns. She wasn't practiced enough to be able to detect their forms when they were moving, but that didn't matter since I could see them when they got in range.

...

"These brats won't take much Ishii; can't I just do it?" Okura's voice was somewhere in the distance. He got no response. I threw a shuriken to my left as I backed up against the tree trunk, the front of the branch I was standing on snapped where I had just been standing. "Ah, you saw me coming did you?" Ishii's voice was close. I looked upward slightly, but not noticeably enough for anyone who would have been watching. There he was, standing about 10 feet above me with his arms crossed. "It's been awhile since someone caught on to me that quickly." I flickered out of sight and appeared next to him, swinging my kunai at his head. He ducked out of the way, kicking one leg out at my feet as I jumped and grabbed the branch above me. I flipped my legs up to the underside of the branch that I was holding and pushed off with my kunai blade pointing toward Ishii. He moved quickly and I broke the branch in half, landing on the one Rin was standing on again.