Blood Mist

K-K-Kashi...

K...Kashi...

KAKASHI

I shot up; eyes wide open drenched in sweat from head to toe.

It had been the same dream since Obito died. I hadn't gotten a single full night sleep without nightmares plaguing my mind. It had been 3 years and so much has changed, but not that part. Our team had split up about 6 months after the incident, Rin needed a change in her life, she couldn't handle the missions anymore. Minato-Sensei had spoken to Lord Hokage and had gotten her a position in the medical ninja training program, one day she was going to be a brilliant medical shinobi, she has potential to be one of the best.

Minato-Sensei took some time off from missions to help in the defense of the Konoha. We have been getting more threats than usual from enemy forces and we needed to have a certain number of high- level shinobi to protect the citizens and the area surrounding the village, the war wasn't waging out in neutral territories anymore, it had calmed down some, but villages were still being targeted. He had volunteered of course and took on the occasional higher-profile mission if it were needed, but most of the time he was home taking care of everyone here.

I asked the Hokage for the same and he agreed, saying that after what I had gone through, I deserved some down time. I think he felt bad for what happened and was taking pity on me. We all had told him about what happened on that mission, about the man that appeared and ambushed us...About his eye and the power that it seemed to hold. Nobody had ever heard of such a thing, so we were on the defense with that as well.

Honestly, I just didn't want to be on a new team, it didn't feel right to be without Minato-Sensei and Rin. I still took missions and would team up with another shinobi on one or two on occasions, but they weren't the same type of missions that I would have gotten before. I almost always led the team and was the only Jonin, since most of our military power was those who were Jonin, I was always one of the few in the village, the others were constantly on missions or being used to fight when it was needed. The small missions were distracting enough, but I never made friends with any of my temporary teammates, we only were paired for a single mission, not worth getting to know anyone.

I was shut down otherwise, not caring at all for anything. I didn't spend much time with my old classmates unless for sparing or learning new Jutsu. I was interested in getting stronger, and with the Sharingan that Obito entrusted to me, I was able to learn things much easier, I even was worked on perfecting my Chidori, it was pretty flawless, but I still was working on making it more powerful. Something that I couldn't do without the use of my visual abilities.

...

I can't believe it has already been 3 years...Minato-Sensei was even about to take on the position as the Fourth Hokage...

So much has changed Obito...I wish you were here to see it.

The thought was constant, he missed out on so many things. I couldn't help but wonder what things would have been like if he hadn't died. Would the team still be together? Would him and I still be fighting?

Rin...I wonder how they would have played out.

...

I got up out of bed and splashed some water on my face, trying to get the dream out of my head for the millionth time. The black bags under my eyes were more and more difficult to hide, not that it mattered all that much anyway, nobody was paying that much attention to my face. I hid most of it under my mask and headband now a days. I wasn't ashamed of my left eye, I liked having it for several reasons, but the biggest one was the feeling that Obito was still with me. I don't know what it was, but I felt like he could see what I was seeing, that I didn't have to miss him as much because he was a part of me. I just wish that Rin could handle looking at me.