What is Happening?

KAKASHIIIIIII !"

I could hear my name being screamed but refused to acknowledge it.

"K-K-KASHIIIIII !"

That was definitely Obito. I yanked the blanket over my head. I just want a little bit longer.

Right on que the loud banging on the door started.

UGH.

I rolled out of my bed and grabbed my undershirt pulling it up my face before dragging myself to the door. I turned the handle and peeked out.

"What do you guys want this early?" I grumbled.

There was a pause between Obito and Rin who was standing behind him smiling.

"Early?". Obito turned around and looked at Rin. "Were you still sleeping Kakashi?" both of them looked genuinely confused and I was much to tired to even process what was going on.

"It's 1:00 in the afternoon Kakashi!" Obito was practically yelling.
What? No way... It couldn't be that late. I glanced over at the clock on the wall of my entry way.

1:05 pm.

Sensei...is...going...to...kill...me. I missed ALL our training today.
"How mad is Sensei?" I was awake now. I'm sure that he had extra training to dish out to me.

Obito started laughing hysterically, tears practically dripping down his face. "You should see your face!"

I rolled my eyes. "WELL? What did he say"?

Obito was wiping the tears from his eyes, still laughing when Rin finally responded to my questions.

"Don't worry Kakashi, he doesn't even know. Lord Third called him away before he even noticed that you didn't show up". She nudged Obito to make him calm down a little bit.

He cleared his throat before speaking again. "He told us not to wait for him, that it could take awhile and that we should train without him... BUT we went to get Ramen and waited for you to show up. When you didn't, we got worried and decided to come find you".

I could tell that he thought that was funny. Sneaking behind Minato-Sensei's back to goof off. I wasn't amused at all.

"So Kakashi, want to come train with us?" Rin broke the tense air surrounding me. She always knows when I'm upset, I don't even need to say anything.

I let out a heavy sigh, feeling defeated and a little bad for sleeping so late. "Yeah let me get my clothes".

The last thing I wanted to do was train but Obito was dead set on awakening his precious sharingan, the Kekkei Genkai of the Uchiha clan. They had one of the most powerful skills in the village, blessed with a visual prowess that could easily make anyone unstoppable. Obito's dream was to become Hokage some day and take on the responsibility of protecting the entire village.

Psh.

We arrived at the training grounds not to long after Obito and Rin had shown up to collect me for the day. I always hated training without Minato-Sensei, he kept us all level headed and sometimes I feel like he kept us from killing each other...well at least me and Obito.

Why couldn't we just get along? He just frustrates me so much and I get on his nerves too, but shouldn't we be able to act a least a little bit like a team?

Ugh ... there I go ruining my good mood again by over thinking. Whatever.

We were in the middle of stretching in the open field when a kunai came flying at us from just beyond the trees on our right. I jumped out of the way ready to deflect more as the first one landed just in front of where we all had been standing moments ago. Just as suddenly I jumped into the air and blocked a direct attack, a yellow flash just before the sounds of our kunai clinking together got Obito and Rin's attention, they got into defensive positions before we even were back on the ground.

"Ah, so you were paying attention Kakashi". Minato said in a serious tone.

Oh no...he knew I slept in after all... I could see it on his face, Sensei only looked at me that way when he was ready to distribute punishments.

"I'm sorry Minato-Sensei...I was just so tired that I lost track of time." I was practically groveling. I really didn't need any more stress piled on this week. I just wanted to be able to relax.

Minato sighed. "Well...you're lucky that I got the Hokage's approval to reschedule the ceremony then."

"What cere....?"

Oh no... "That was TODAY?" I said panicked.

How could I forget my own Jonin ceremony? Was I that irresponsible? Had I been so stuck in my own mind lately that I had completely forgotten?

Obito was the first to speak up before I could even respond. "Well it's only 2:00, couldn't we still make it?"

He was...trying to help me?

"That's right! It's just going to be in the Hokage's office, I'm sure he wouldn't mind if we asked him." Rin was actually very excited about this whole ordeal; she was talking about it for weeks.

I had been recommended by Lord Third himself to become a Jonin. I was only ten and I was going to be responsible for leading this team. I had to wait until we had a free day in the middle of missions to be officially promoted to a Jonin. Which meant our next mission, I should be taking the real lead...

We all went to the Hokage's office together, Minato-Sensei made sure that it wouldn't be a problem to still make an appearance today and Lord Third agreed that it must be done sooner rather than later. He had another mission for us...

"Thank you for being such an exceptional shinobi Kakashi Hatake. Make this village proud." The Third Hokage spoke with pride.

"Thank you Lord Hokage." I bowed to him, respecting his recognition. "I won't let you down."

He cleared his throat. "I have a mission for your team Minato...and it is much more dangerous than the previous few". He was addressing us as well.

My heart raced with the excitement that I refused to show. This is perfect. I wasn't going to be leading an escort mission.

"You leave now. Go get ready and meet at the front gates". Minato said sternly. "Kakashi...I'm sorry but you cannot take the lead on this mission..."
...My heart shattered. "But Sensei!" I objected, much out of line.

"Go get prepared". He walked out of the Hokage's office and left the conversation there.

...What was going on?

————————————————————-

Don't forget to drop a vote or review!
Love y'all!
.........