Reverse

————————
*Flashback*
————————

"Sakura!" Naruto's voice sounded loudly through the trees. "Wait up will ya!"

I ignored him, still frustrated from some comment he had made about some girl in the last small village we had visited. He was such a pig sometimes! Then Sai asking if I was jealous?! I was ready to abandon them both and go home by myself. Sure, it was probably super immature but I was beyond exhausted after the lack of sleep and now the sun was setting once again.

"I think Sakura is upset" Sai said as he caught up to Naruto.

He looked over at the pale boy with a look of false disbelief. "What gave that away?" I almost laughed a little bit at the way he sounded. The sarcasm wasn't something Sai would understand and I heard them suddenly bickering behind me about how I knocked Naruto on the head.

"Alright, we should set up camp here". Kakashi-Sensei interrupted all of our thoughts, stopping us in a small clearing. I hadn't even noticed that he was so close behind me, although I wasn't surprised with his silence. Once I found out he was ex-ANBU a lot of things made sense.

I walked to a nearby tree and put down the bag I was carrying. Unlike Naruto, I was doing some much needed shopping for our next stop while he was flirting with the shop owner's daughter. "I have some actual food for us, don't get greedy Naruto". I handed him a portion of some vegetables wrapped in a type of bread shell.

He had opened it and almost turned up his nose. "You're kidding me! I have to eat vegetables!"

Kakashi-Sensei knocked him on the head this time. Making Naruto let out a frustrated ouch sound and Sai snickered a little. I liked seeing Sai enjoy things like that. He was making some progress with his comprehension and personality.

"Aye! What was that for?!" Naruto rubbed the top of his head with his free hand.

"Stop complaining about the food and thank Sakura for even bothering to get you any. She could have let you go hungry you know". Kakashi shook his head. He knew I never would do that, but he was making a point and I wasn't going to correct him.

Naruto let out a sigh, looking at the food and then back at me. "Thank you, Sakura".

I simply smiled and handed the rest out before taking a few bites of my own. This was new, very flavorful to the point where I didn't want to finish it but save some for our next stop. I quickly wrapped the other half back up and put it into my bag while the others continued to eat.

Once everyone was done we had lit a fire and got comfortable on our bed rolls. Naruto and Sai on either side of me and Kakashi-Sensei on the other side of the fire.

Naruto was going on about the stars being bright tonight, Sai silently staring up at them as he listened. I couldn't see Kakashi-Sensei from where I was, but I was almost positive he was already asleep before Naruto's snoring became very apparent mid sentence. I couldn't help but laugh to myself a little about how quickly he could fall asleep.

I laid there for what felt like forever, arms behind my head just looking at the dark sky. I always had issues sleeping on missions, I was a comfy at home bed kind of girl and my body would never get used to the cold hard ground, so most nights this is what I would do, lay awake while everyone slept.

Naruto's snoring became sporadic , mumbles and body movement as if he was fighting something in his dream. My cue to get up and move around, hopefully I could make myself just a little tired taking a walk around the camp area. We weren't in enemy territory so I wasn't worried about an ambush of any sort, plus I could use it as an excuse to train my senses to pick up on sounds and the vibrations of the night.