Decisions

I woke up some time later in the hospital, nobody around and the only sounds being the beeping of machines. My head wasn't throbbing anymore, but my body felt like it had been hit by a bolt of lightening.

I laid there for what felt like hours, but looking at the clock, it had only been twenty minutes. I groaned and sat up, ready to stand up and find a medic to ask about what happened. I vaguely remember being in Minato's office, but then nothing.

Just when my foot touched the ground, the door to the hospital room slid open and Minato-Sensei walked through the door. "Finally awake I see". He said as he leaned against the closed door.

"Yeah, how long was I out though?" It had to have been at least a night, there was no way he just had gotten there.

Minato chuckled. "Four days, I was getting a bit worried."

"Four days?!" Did everything that happen really take that much out of me? My head was spinning as the realization set in. "What happened to that girl? I brought her here. Did you find her?"

Minato's face fell slightly and he rubbed the back of his neck. "About that, she is going to need to be interrogated before we can figure out what is going on."

"Why?! She honestly doesn't seem like a threat, just confused and lost." There was no way that girl could be dangerous, she just didn't give off that vibe.

"She's talking about things that haven't occurred, Kakashi. She thinks that I'm supposed to be dead, you're her Sensei, lady Tsunade is the hokage." He shook his head. "She passed a psych evaluation already, so we need to know what she is talking about and who she is exactly."

I didn't think that she had been in her right mind when she said that I was her Sensei. Too many things now were not adding up, but I still wasn't convinced that she was a threat. I stood up and stretched, trying to get my body to readjust to standing and walking. "I'm going to see her." I said, as I walked towards the door.

"I can't let you do that Kakashi, who knows what will happen if she recognizes you in such a confused state." He stood his ground in front of the door as he tried to make his point.

"Well then we will know if she is clinically insane or not for real if she flips out and spirals." I sighed. "Let me through Sensei, I can handle this myself." I said as I pushed past him, his shoulders slumped and he stepped to the side as I opened the door. "You can come with me if you need to, but I would rather do this alone since she was already comfortable with me after I found her."

He sat down in a chair by the door. "Go ahead, shes five doors down to the right Report back to me when you're done."

I rolled my eyes. "Yes sir, Lord Fourth, sir!" Earning a huff of dismay from him as I walked out of the room.

The door to the girl's room was propped open, I could see the form of someone sitting up slightly and as I peeked in, she was looking out the window. Her short pink hair even brighter with the sun shining onto it. "Um...hello." I said as I entered the room.

"Hey there, hero." She clearly recognized my voice without shifting her gaze.

I walked in further and stood beside the bed, looking out the window to see what had her so enticed. There was a beautiful blue bird hopping around in the small tree outside of the window, it kept stopping and almost seemed like it was looking at her. "So, how are you feeling? Is your head okay?"

"Yeah, they fixed me up pretty good..." She trailed off as she turned her head, a smile on her face and her bright green eyes reflecting the sun, which had widened as she met my eyes. I didn't have my headband on, my mask was pulled halfway down my face and I probably looked like a total mess.

"Sorry, I usually don't look like I fell out of a tornado." I chuckled lightly as her jaw dropped open.

"K-kakashi Sensei?!" She nearly shouted in shock.

There we go with the Sensei thing again. Minato was right, definitely not right in the head yet. "Uh...no?" I raised an eyebrow at the strange, yet beautiful girl sitting in front of me. "I am definitely not anyone's Sensei, your head must still be foggy."

She shook her head and blinked a few times as if she would wake up from some kind of dream. "No, there is no way." She said. "How old are you? You look so young."

"I'm seventeen, been that way almost a whole year now." I was confused as to not only how she knew my name, but why she insisted I was her Sensei. Maybe if I could figure out something about her, I would be able to find out who she actually was.

"You're seventeen?! This had to be a joke or something. Am I in some sort of genjutsu?" She looked as if she was panicking, which I needed not to happen if I didn't want Minato sensei to drag her off to the anbu interrogation room.

"Okay, settle down. Something clearly happened here and I don't know what it is. Who were you traveling with when that explosion happened."

She scrunched her face trying to think of the events from the day no doubt. "Well, you...Naruto, and Sai. We got ambushed and in the middle of the fight, a huge explosion of just air and sound happened, and I woke up where you found me."

"You say you're from here though? The hidden leaf?" I asked as she nodded in response. "What team are you on? Or remember being on that is."

"Team seven, but we call it team Kakashi now...I'm sorry, this is so weird because in my mind you know a lot more than this." She sighed and fell back onto the bed. "I wish I knew what was going on..."

"I wish I did too." I shook my head. "Minato...Lord Fourth...wants the ANBU to interrogate you, he hasn't talked to them yet, but I think neither one of us wants that to happen."

Her eyes widened. "Well aren't you technically ANBU? You could interrogate me, we can clear it all up and once you see I'm not a threat we can decide what to do about this situation."

If only it were that easy... "The interrogation core is a whole different division, I am not authorized to do that." The way that things are looking though, it isn't going to turn out well with what she has been saying, the last thing we need is her to be locked up for whatever stupid conclusion they can come up with.

"Let me talk to Lord Fourth, I'll be back shortly." I inched backed up and left, watching as she threw a pillow over her face and groaned as I made my way into the hall. Minato sensei was waiting outside for me patiently.

"So, how did that mess go." He raised an eyebrow as if he hadn't heard almost everything I had said.

"I don't want you sending her to the ANBU." I almost demanded, which was surprising to even myself. "I mean...please give me a chance to take care of this on my own first."

"What exactly are you suggesting?" He eyed me suspiciously.

I took a deep breath and let it out. I almost knew the response I was about to get before even speaking. "I want to be in charge of her for the time being."

"Excuse me? You think that you are qualified to make that choice Kakashi?" He asked with a confused tone.

I shrugged my shoulders indifferently, better that I stay calm and collected about the situation if I wanted it to go my way. "Sensei, we know that I am more than qualified to look after her while we figure things out, we don't need to destroy her in the process. I'm one of the highest ranked Jonin in the entire village, I think I can handle a girl that is the same age as me and a medic at that."

He knew I was right, he wasn't going to put up a huge fight about it, but he couldn't just give in so quickly. "IF I were to agree with this...you are to report directly to me every day, maybe twice a day about what has been said, happened, or any rational memories she does regain. We need to be diligent and nobody is to know that she is anything other than a medic trained by Tsunade. Do I make myself clear?"

"Absolutely." I was shocked yet thrilled that he actually considered the proposition in the first place. "She can stay with me, I have a guest room and I can make sure nobody finds out. She will probably listen to me over anyone, she seems to actually trust me so far."

Minato took a couple of minutes to weigh the options, pros and cons, before deciding that it would be acceptable as long as nothing else major happened to change the circumstances. He turned on his heels and went to find the discharge nurse. "Don't make me regret this Kakashi."