Misery

"Get to your feet Hatake...We are just getting started".

My head was dizzy. The effects of the oxygen rushing back into my lungs was lingering. He seemed to be waiting patiently enough for me to gain back my composure and stand up.

Why is he after me? What did I do? I know that I haven't met him before, so what could he possibly want from me. I couldn't focus with all these questions circling my mind. The one that worried me the most was where Minato-Sensei was at.

I looked up at Obito and Rin sitting on the ground about 50 feet away from us. They looked fine but afraid of what was happening. This guy was strong, I knew that without even fighting him.

I looked up and realized why the others looked so frightened. The man standing in front of me no longer looked like Minato-Sensei. His almost completely white skin was covered in scars, there were almost more scars on his body than actual skin. I got to my feet and stared him down, I wasn't being controlled even though he was looking directly into my eyes. That meant that he could turn off that ability when he didn't want to use it.

"What do you want with me?" I had more confidence in my voice than before. Probably a result of being able to breathe and control my body again.

"I just need to make a few changes, that's all." He laughed, knowing very well that his statement would make no sense to me. I'm glad that he was finding this funny.

"What does that mean." I asked, unphased by his laughter. He's playing games with me now, he doesn't want to fight, he wants to make me squirm instead. "I don't know who you are or why you're here. Just tell me." I couldn't hold my anger back much longer. I clenched my fists by my sides.

He smirked. "Well that's a long story, but I could always give you the short version. You never were one for listening before striking."

What...? So, I had met him before? How...Unless he was using another transformation and this wasn't his true appearance, because I have never seen this man, or that eye of his.

"I don't see what it would hurt to tell you who I am, but first..." his devil like smile creeping back up onto his face. "...I have to make my changes."

He suddenly lunged at me and I was able to jump and dodge him just in time before he reached me. As he passed below my body, I saw a thin blade coming from below the palm of his hand, stretched out from his cloak sleeve. I needed to make a mental note of that one.

I turned mid air and threw a shuriken at his back. He flickered out of sight and appeared behind me midair, kicking into my injured shoulder with the heel of his foot sending sharp pain down my entire arm. I fell to the ground on one knee, holding my shoulder in excruciating pain.

"Aw, poor Kakashi, you can't take such injuries just yet, can you?" his mocking tone only pissed me off further. "I can handle anything you throw at me!" I screamed at him.

"Is that so..." He licked his lips where some of Obito's blood had dried. "Well then...We will just have to see wont we Kakashi." He lunged at me again, this time flickering out of sight before I could make a move. I anticipated him appearing behind me, so I spun and threw a backward kick hoping it would make some contact. Instead all I got was empty air and was met with complete silence.

I looked over to Rin who was trying to detect his movements already. "I...I think...he just disappeared..." she was confused. "I can't sense his presence at all anymore..."

That didn't make sense...Why would he just flee like that, when he was getting ready to fight me.

I turned to face my teammates. "What should we..." That's all I was able to say before he flickered back, directly behind me, so close that I felt he air rush between us. I turned to throw a punch and as my head twisted around to look at him, my face was met with the worst imaginable pain and I could instantly feel the blood saturating my face. I grabbed my left eye and screamed falling backwards to the ground. He had cut my face with the blade in his sleeve.