Mina Haske

I had woken up later than usual the next morning. The storms had finally ended, but the sky was still cloud filled which made the morning light much more dull. Apparently my body used that as a way of squeezing in more sleep that I desperately needed.

I buried my face into the soft pink hair below my chin, taking a quiet breath in. I was so relaxed, so at peace that I didn't want to actually wake up. Sakura hadn't moved at all, still clutching onto me like I would disappear at any moment even while she was sleeping very heavily. I just wanted to keep my arms around her for the rest of the day like this. Tangled up in each other under the nice warm blanket. It had been so long since I felt like this, I just had to soak it in for a long as possible.

I let her sleep until her body forced her to wake up, her grip on me loosening some as she yawned softly and stretched. I laid there with my eyes closed, just seeing what she would do next. I was certain I was going to get yelled at or maybe punched for the way I was all over her, but it never came. She laid there waking up slowly and when I peeked out of my right eye down at her she was looking up at me as if examining me.

"Good morning..." I said softly. The moment of truth was here and I almost wasn't ready, especially because she looked a bit shocked to say the least.

She let go of me and I instantly hated it. The feeling of her warmth disappearing slowly as she got up wordlessly, sitting on the edge of the bed for a minute as if processing what she was doing or why for that matter. I didn't say more, just let her sort herself out however she needed to.

When she got up off of my bed and walked out of my room I knew something was wrong. I sighed, rolling onto my back. I wish I knew what the older me would do in this situation, if there were ever a situation like this in the first place.

======================

Once I shut the bedroom door I hurried to the bathroom and splashed water on my face. My mind was a mess from that dream...that re-living of what happened. That man with that eye.

I shuddered thinking about his face again. It was disturbing and I wasn't sure if it was because he had looked like Kakashi-Sensei moments before or if it was the way his mouth twisted when he flashed that evil grin. Like he knew something I had only just accepted and the worst part was it wasn't even Kakashi! He second hand witnes—

I stopped myself, thinking about the way he had looked at me just before it all went dark. How he realized he couldn't get to me, how powerless he had suddenly been...I had never seen him look at me like that. I looked at my reflection in the mirror, tears rimming my eyes without me even noticing.

"*Please, please be okay...*" I said quietly, gripping the edges of the sink and letting the tears drip down my cheeks.

"Are you alright?" Kakashi had appeared in the doorway. I forgot to close the bathroom door, of course I did. How embarrassing...first last night and now this.

I took a breath and let it out, taking my right arm and wiping my eyes before standing straight up again, not looking at him still. "Yeah, I'm fine. What are we doing today?" I tried to sound like I hadn't just been having a mental breakdown.

Even with his mask pulled up I could see the concern on his face, I don't know if I was just being over emotional or what but it hurt to see him look at me like that. I had to remind myself he wasn't the same one...he wasn't Kakashi-Sensei.

"Nothing". He shook his head. "Unless you have something to let Lord Fourth know..."

I knew he was meaning last night and this morning. I knew I should probably tell them about the man, about everything that happened that day...but what if they shipped me off to interrogation? A scarred man with some sort of overly powerful Jutsu and a weird eye? It sounded insane to even say it to myself and I was there.