Back Home

After stopping by the hospital, I headed to the Hokages office, I needed to let Minato sensei know what happened out in the forest.

The entire outside of the building was cluttered with people. Some were talking in groups; others were coming in and out in a hurry through the front doors.

What was going on?

I pushed my way through the crowd and made my way down the hallway to the double doors leading to the Hokage's office. I knocked 3 times, opening the door ever so slightly to look inside. I did not want to intrude, but if I did not make my presence known I may never make it inside with everyone trying to swarm to him at once. Being a member of his personal Anbu had its perks.

Inside was a man wearing a black suit that did not quite fit his bulky arms. He was incredibly tall and as he turned his head to look at me, I saw a large scar that took up most of the side of his head, and his entire ear looked like it had been burned and scarred.

The man turned back to the Hokage and bowed before turning to leave. His eyes were hard and bright green. This man was if anything a seasoned veteran. I opened the door as he walked toward me, letting him pass before closing it behind him.

"Kakashi! What happened! Did you see anything?" He said, a touch of panic in his voice. Minato sensei never lost his composure. This is the closest I had ever seen him to doing so.

I lifted my mask from my face, hooking it to my belt, and pulled the hood of my cloak back. "Is something going on in the village? Why does everyone look like they're panicking?" I answered his question with another. I have no idea what it was that he was even talking about. There is no way that the explosion could have reached all the way here, could it?

He stood up and walked toward me, examining my face and torn cloak. I did not notice the extent of my injuries while worrying about the girl.

"You were there weren't you? During that explosion." He ushered for me to sit on the ground and I quickly did so. My body was sore, and I was feeling the effects from running back to the village with my injuries. "What happened?" He asked as he walked back to lean on his desk.

"I... well honestly I have no clue. I was getting ready to fall asleep and I heard what I thought to be thunder...before I know it, I was falling and blacked out".

He turned his head to look out of the windows behind him, staring out over the village that he holds so dear. I can only imagine what it must feel like, having the weight of the entire village's safety on your shoulders. Every bump in the night probably worries him, but he never shows it.

"Sir, I did need to talk to you about something that happened while I was out there...I found someone laying in the rubble." I paused. This is the part that I was dreading telling him. "A girl...I brought her back to the village. She was badly injured and claims to be from konoha. She says that she is a student of lady Tsunade".

He turned back around to face me. I half expected to be met with rage as he did so, but surprisingly his face was more confusion than anything. "Well, do you recognize her? Spending as much time with Rin as you did, I assume you must have crossed paths."

I shook my head. "That's the part that I can't understand. She was talking nonsense about having to report back to Lady Tsunade as if she were in the village." I said.

My head was throbbing, and I was pretty sure that I was suffering from a concussion at the least. I rubbed my left temple with my fingers, trying to get some relief. "I'm almost positive that she has some memory issues. She was in bad shape and barely lucid when I found her...and". The room started to spin before I could finish telling him about the girl's wild imagination, I felt like I was going to vomit.

Minato walked over to me and crouched down, throwing my left arm over his shoulder before standing us both up. "Alright Kakashi, let us get you to the hospital, I'm surprised you even made it this long with your injuries. You must be running on pure adrenaline".

He walked us over to one of the large windows and opened it with his free hand before pulling me onto his back and heading toward the hospital. The village around me became a blur of colors and before I knew it, I had passed out.