(III) 'Do you believe me?'

Yoongi let Jimin in and walked in. He closed the door and locked it from the inside. He was constantly fighting his inner thoughts, as he doesn't like to talk at all let alone to strangers. He had no idea why he let Jimin come home with him to listen to his "long story".

He said, 'Uh, I don't have anything here. I had a bottle of orange juice, but I drank it all in the morning.'
Jimin said, 'No problem. I've bought snacks. Let's have it.'

Yoongi said, 'I know that I'm super  weird. I should be the one offering you snacks.' as he walked to the kitchen. He washed his hands clean while Jimin waited until he came back to the living room.

Jimin said as Yoongi stepped into the living room, 'Well, you must be the one offering snacks if you were the one who invited me. I came here because I wanted to. It's no big deal.'

Yoongi hummed in response.

Jimin asked, 'Do you like chocolate pocky sticks?'
Yoongi answered, 'I'm not a picky eater.'
Jimin said, 'Alright. Let's share it then.'

He sat on the only couch in the living room and glanced around; he said, 'Your house is beautiful. Come on, sit next to me.' and patted on the couch.

Yoongi nodded and sat next to Jimin.

Yoongi was sitting a little away from Jimin as if he was terrified of touching him.

Jimin said, 'Do you mind sitting a little closer? I can't extend my hand till there to share the snacks. Don't worry. I won't touch you.'

Yoongi nodded once and moved a little closer to Jimin anxiously.

Jimin said as he cleaned his hands with a sanitiser he had in his backpack, 'I feel like I'm gonna watch a movie.'

Yoongi said, 'I can tell you all those that happened four years ago but there is a problem.'

Jimin asked as he opened the pocky sticks carton, 'What is it?'

Yoongi answered, 'You won't believe me.'

Jimin said, 'Let me decide that, hyung. All you have to do is tell me what happened.' and showed the carton to Yoongi with a gesture of asking him to take one out of it.

Yoongi hesitantly took one stick out of the carton. Jimin started to munch a pocky stick.

Yoongi said, 'My military service is over. I went to the military before doing PG.'
Jimin said, 'Oh, mine is over, too! I came back before PG.'

Yoongi nodded in response to which Jimin smiled. They talked as they munched on the pocky sticks.

Yoongi said, 'My appa used to be a detective. My eomma just stayed home. She worked in an office earlier but stopped working, as she married my appa.'
Jimin said, 'Detective... Sounds cool. Is he still a detective?'
Yoongi said, 'No... Just listen to me. I'll tell you everything.'
Jimin exclaimed, 'Okay!'

Yoongi couldn't figure out why Jimin was so cheerful. Something about Jimin made him feel curious—a visible curiosity filled his eyes as he looked at Jimin.

He said, 'As a detective, appa had a lot of enemies. He was overprotective of eomma and me. I wasn't on good terms with eomma.'

Jimin looked at Yoongi with obvious curiosity in his eyes.

Yoongi said, 'She forced me to go with engineering. I had zero interest in that. I wanted to go with accounting. I actually did but, she wasn't a huge fan of my decisions.'
Jimin said, 'You just chose what you wanted. It's not your mistake. It's not your problem that she didn't like it.'

Yoongi said, 'Appa was never against my decisions. He asked me to do what I wanted to do. He indeed was a great man.'
Jimin said, 'Certainly.'

Yoongi said, 'I usually had small fights with my parents, but nothing huge for the most part. I got enlisted after my BS in Accounting graduation. Everything was fine until I came back after completing my service.'
Jimin asked, 'What happened?'