(IX) 'It was my mistake.'

After four months.

On a fine Friday.

Yoongi was back from work in the evening. He started to do the chores and took a shower. He was about to cook dinner and that was when he heard the doorbell.

He said, 'Is Hobi back already?' and stepped into the living room.

He opened the door and was frozen at where he was standing.

His eyes shed tears but, he didn't say a word.

After a minute, he whispered, 'Park Jimin.'

Jimin walked in and closed the door. He glanced at Yoongi and locked the door from the inside. He kept his backpack on the floor and hugged Yoongi.

Yoongi embraced Jimin and began to sob. Yoongi's sobs filled the room.

Jimin whispered, 'Shhh... It's okay, Kitten...' and caressed Yoongi's nape.

Shortly, Yoongi let go of Jimin and held his forearms. He looked at Jimin from top to toe.

Jimin had so many tiny scars on his face but everything else seemed to be fine.

Yoongi asked, 'What happened to you that day?'
Jimin answered, 'It was a dumper truck. I just had a few fractures and a minor concussion. I was discharged from the hospital after two days.'

Yoongi asked, 'Who was the one behind it?'
Jimin answered, 'No one. The driver was legless. He has already been imprisoned.'

Yoongi said, 'It was my mistake.'
Jimin said, 'What do you mean, Kitten?'
Yoongi said, 'If I hadn't asked you to drive to your flat first, you wouldn't have to go through all that.'

Jimin said, 'It wasn't your fault, Kitten. What has to happen will happen and it has nothing to do with you.'
Yoongi said, 'I can't help it, baby... I blame myself for what happened.'

Jimin said, 'I understand what you feel but, it wasn't your fault and it'll never be, my love.' and kissed Yoongi's cheek.

Yoongi said, 'Did anyone trouble you at your house?'
Jimin said, 'Yes... They did.'
Yoongi said, 'What did they do?'

Jimin said, 'They asked me to forget you. My appa created a ruckus every single day and night.'
Yoongi said, 'What did you tell him?'
Jimin said, 'Nothing.'
Yoongi said, 'What? Nothing?'

Jimin said, 'It was of no use talking to him. At first, I told appa that I can't be the one he wants me to be. Every time I talked back, he thrashed me. I was so done with it. I stayed quiet to protect myself.'
Yoongi said, 'Why didn't you stop him?'

Jimin said, 'It's not that I'm not capable of hitting him back. He's my father. I can't just hit him back. He's not someone who could be stopped. I have to hit him to make him stop.'
Yoongi said, 'And your eomma just watched you being thrashed by him?'

Jimin said, 'Yes, she did. Ji-Hye wanted to help but... Eomma slapped her in front of me. I asked her to stay away from everything. This is my problem. Involving my sister wouldn't be a good idea.'

Yoongi let go of Jimin's forearms and gently stroked both of his cheeks with his thumbs. He said, 'You have so many scars, baby.'

Jimin said, 'I used to look handsome. Not anymore with these scars.'

Yoongi said, 'No, baby, don't say that. You're still beautiful. These scars can't take away anything from you.' and gently pecked Jimin's forehead making the latter smile a little.

Yoongi said, 'So... Uh...'

Jimin hummed in response.

Yoongi said, 'What took you so long to come back?'
Jimin said, 'I couldn't persuade them. They took everything away including my phone.'
Yoongi said, 'How come you're here now?'

Jimin said, 'Ji-Hye gave me some money. With that, I came to Seoul to meet you.'
Yoongi said, 'Is she okay with us being together?'

Jimin said, 'Apparently, yes. That's why she gave me money.'
Yoongi said, 'Do you have to go back?'
Jimin said, 'To Busan?'
Yoongi said, 'Yes. To your house.'

Jimin said, 'No, I won't be going back. They won't come searching for me either. I left a note before leaving.'
Yoongi said, 'Your parents asked me to leave that day and-'
Jimin interrupted, 'I know, Kitten. It's fine. I know that you can't just let me be.'

Yoongi blinked making the tears in his eyes fall instantly. Jimin wiped all the tears off Yoongi's face and kissed his forehead.

Jimin said, 'I'm all yours, Kitten. I'm not going anywhere. I don't wanna go anywhere either.'
Yoongi said, 'You don't have to go anywhere.'

Jimin said, 'I'll get my graduation certificate on Monday. With that, let me search for jobs. We can live together.'
Yoongi said, 'What about your family?'

Jimin said, 'They never tried to understand me. I don't need them. Ji-Hye is still there for me. That's enough.'
Yoongi said, 'Then take the exams to become a professor.'

Jimin said, 'Do you think that's a good idea?'
Yoongi said, 'Well, isn't that what you have always dreamed of?'

Jimin said, 'Do you still remember that?'
Yoongi said, 'You remember everything about me and I remember everything about you, Park Jimin.'

Jimin smiled shyly in response.

Yoongi said, 'If you won't be going back and they're not ready to accept you ever, I think you should follow your dreams.'
Jimin said, 'I don't have much money left with me...'
Yoongi said, 'How is that a problem?'

Jimin said, 'It'll take time until I get to become a professor, Kitten.'
Yoongi said, 'It's not a problem. I have a job. I'll take care of everything else. Just follow your dreams, baby.'

Jimin slowly yet tightly hugged Yoongi by wrapping his hands around the latter's shoulder line.

Yoongi whispered in Jimin's ear, 'Professor Park Jimin-nim... I want people to address you as that, baby.'

Jimin let go of Yoongi and nodded in response.

Yoongi said, 'Will you follow your dreams for me, Park Jimin?'

Jimin nodded in agreement.

Yoongi said, 'Then promise me.' and showed his little finger.

Jimin intertwined his finger with Yoongi's and said, 'I promise you to follow my dreams for you, Kitten.'

Yoongi smiled at Jimin in response.

Jimin let go of Yoongi's finger and hugged Yoongi again.

Jimin sniffed Yoongi's neck and said, 'I missed your scent.'

Yoongi said, 'I missed everything about you.'
Jimin said, 'I know.'

Yoongi let go of Jimin and stroked the strands of hair on his forehead. He said, 'You must be hungry. Lemme cook something for you.'

Jimin said, 'I'll go take a shower.'
Yoongi said, 'Do you have clothes?'
Jimin said, 'Yeah, I took a few T-shirts and trousers from home. Not too many though.'
Yoongi said, 'Alright. Ask me if you want anything.'

Jimin nodded in agreement. Yoongi flashed a shy smile and walked to the kitchen.

Jimin took his backpack and stepped into the bedroom.