(XVI) 'You deserve someone better.'

Jimin saw Yoongi standing at the side of the gate. He ran towards Yoongi shouting, 'Yoongi hyung!'

He stood in front of Yoongi, took a deep breath and said, 'I'm sorry...'

Yoongi sniffled and said, 'W-why are you sorry?'

Jimin said, 'It's fine if you don't like me back. Just don't hate me. Please...'
Yoongi said, 'Since when did you start liking me?'
Jimin said, 'I don't know. When I realised that I like you, it was already a couple of months.'

Yoongi sniffled again and said, 'Can I hug you?'

Jimin said, 'Of course, hyung. You don't have to ask me.'

Yoongi hugged Jimin by his waist and sniffled.

Jimin said, 'Hyung, did you cry?'

Yoongi started to sob again.

Jimin gently rubbed Yoongi's nape and back as he said, 'Shhh... Why are you crying, hyung?'

Yoongi said, 'I have never felt loved like this.'
Jimin said, 'Isn't that a good thing?'
Yoongi said, 'Too good to deal with.'

Jimin kissed Yoongi's head making the latter hold him even more tightly.

Jimin said, 'Hyung, stop acting like a baby. I like the strong you.' and kissed Yoongi's head again as he gently stroked Yoongi's nape.

After a minute, Yoongi let go of Jimin and took a deep breath. He held Jimin's hands and shyly smiled at him.

He saw a girl walking toward them. He hurriedly let go of Jimin's hand as soon as she came closer.

She stepped near Jimin and said, 'Jimin-ah!'

Jimin turned around and said, 'Oh, Ji-Young-ah... What is it?'

She said, 'Your performance was awesome.'
He exclaimed, 'Thank you!'

She said, 'Whom did you write those for?'
He said, 'Someone I love.'
She said, 'That someone isn't me, is it?'
He said, 'What?'

She said, 'I thought you liked me.' and started to tear up.

He said, 'Wait, what? Ji-Young-ah, what are you even saying?'
She said, 'You were around me all the time. When did you even meet her?'
He said, 'Listen, Ji-Young-ah, I understand what you-'

She interrupted, 'You don't, Park Jimin! You don't! I love you! I'm crazy about you!'
He said, 'I care about you. You're my friend. I've never felt something else for you, Ji-Young-ah. You've always been my female best friend.'
She said, 'I never saw you as a friend, Jimin-ah. I started crushing on you the minute I saw you that day.'

He said, 'Ji-Young-ah, I'm sorry if I ever gave you hope.'
She said, 'Who's she? How is she than me?'
He said, 'It's not because you're not good enough. You're pretty and your character is likeable, too. I just never felt that way for you.'

She asked, 'Why? Why her and not me?'
He answered, 'I don't have an answer for that.'

She said, 'The girl you're in love with must be better than me then. Unless she's a better girl than me, I'm not letting you date her.'
He said, 'It's not about being better. It's about my feelings, Ji-Young-ah.'
She said, 'I don't care about that. I wanna know.'

He said to Yoongi, 'I'm gonna tell her.'
Yoongi said, 'What? You're still a student, Jimin-ah. Wait until you graduate.'
Jimin said, 'It's just less than a month more, hyung. I can't let things be.'
Yoongi said, 'But, Jimin-ah-'
Jimin interrupted, 'It's gonna be okay, hyung.'

She said, 'Park Jimin! Tell me. Who's she?'
He said, 'He's not a girl.'
She said, 'What?'
He said, 'The one I'm in love with is a man.'

She stood frozen upon hearing what he said.