(VIII) 'I'm not a criminal.'

After the meeting, Yoongi called Jimin.

His call wasn't answered.

He called Jimin again only to be disappointed.

He tried texting Jimin but didn't get a reply.

He sighed in despair and walked off to his house.

At night, he was sitting on his bed trying to reach Jimin. He received a call from Taehyung.

Over the phone.

Taehyung: Hello? Yoongi hyung?

Yoongi: Ah... Taehyung-ah...

Taehyung: Are you about to sleep?

Yoongi: No, I'm not. I couldn't reach Jimin. Is he okay?

Taehyung: Uh...

Yoongi: What? Tell me...

Taehyung: He...

Yoongi: He what?

Taehyung: He met with an accident.

Yoongi: What?

Taehyung: Yes, hyung. He's at the Seoul National University Hospital. His parents have come from Busan. Kookie and I just reached the hospital.

Yoongi: Why didn't you tell me earlier?

Taehyung: I thought you knew about it. After the last exam, he said that he'd drive to your house...

Yoongi: Ah, fuck! I should have just let him come to my house. I was the one who asked him to go to his flat first.

Taehyung: Oh... It's not your fault, hyung. The police are here as well. Just come over, can you?

Yoongi: I'll be there within half an hour.

Taehyung: Okay...

Yoongi hung up and took off his clothes. He wore a white full-sleeve T-shirt that he selected at random and black trousers.

He hurried to the hospital.

Fortunately, the hospital wasn't that far from Yoongi's house.

When he reached the hospital, he hurried to the emergency department and inquired about Jimin. Taehyung ran towards him and panted a little. He said, 'Come with me, hyung.'

Yoongi followed Taehyung anxiously.
Taehyung stopped in front of an ICU room and said, 'Jiminie is in there.'

Yoongi noticed Ji-Young standing there next to another girl. He looked into the ICU room through the view space and felt like his heart was aching.

He couldn't breathe nor could he stop his tears.

A man in his 40s or maybe 50s said, 'Who is Min Yoongi?'

Yoongi flinched a little and turned to face the man.

The rich-looking man in a suit said, 'Min Yoongi?'

Yoongi wiped his tears off and cleared his throat. He said, 'I'm Min Yoongi. May I know who you are, sir?'

He said, 'Park Ji-Hyuk. Park Jimin's father.'

Yoongi immediately bowed to show respect.

Mr Park said, 'We need to talk, Min Yoongi.'
Yoongi said, 'Tell me, Ji-Hyuk-nim.'

Mr Park said, 'Follow me.' and walked off to somewhere less crowded.

A lady in her 40s joined him as well. Yoongi comprehended that it was Jimin's mother.

Both of them stopped at a place and turned around to face Yoongi.

Yoongi bowed to Mrs Park and said, 'Hello, Park Ji-Yeon-nim...'

Mrs Park said, 'How do you know my name?'
Yoongi said, 'Park Jimin told me.'
Mr Park said, 'He must have told you a lot of things.'

Yoongi said, 'What are you trying to imply, Ji-Hyuk-nim?'
Mr Park said, 'I saw your chat with our son.'

Yoongi gulped anxiously in response.

Mrs Park said, 'Also, the photos that he has taken with you.'

Yoongi exhaled shakily in response but didn't say a word.

Mrs Park said, 'You must leave.'
Mr Park said, 'From here as well as from our son's life.'

Yoongi said, 'Why would I do that?'
Mr Park said, 'You're not a little boy. You do know why you should be doing what we say.'

Yoongi said, 'We both love each other. You can't just take him away from me.'
Mr Park said, 'We are his parents. We own him. You don't.'

Mrs Park said, 'Bastard, you better leave before I call the police.'
Yoongi said, 'What can they do? I'm not a criminal.'

Mr Park said, 'We'll tell them that you were the one behind this accident.'
Yoongi said, 'What? Why would they buy that?'

Mr Park said, 'We'll make them buy anything we say.'
Mrs Park said, 'We have enough resources unlike you, little bastard.'

Yoongi inhaled sharply with a fierce look in his eyes.

Mr Park said, 'Leave.' with a stare and Mrs Park glared at Yoongi.

They walked off without another word.

Yoongi whispered, 'Baby, I'm sorry.' and walked off.

He saw Ji-Young glaring at him with a proud look on her face. He walked home without another word to anyone.

When he reached home, he slammed the door shut and stepped into the kitchen.

His phone was constantly ringing. He didn't check who the caller or perhaps, the callers were.

He gulped a glass of water and inhaled sharply. He screamed, 'Fuck!' and threw the glass against the wall.

The shattered pieces of the glass were all over the floor. He stood still for a minute.

Shortly, he turned around and began to wash his hands aggressively. He rubbed both of his hands under the running water for more than ten minutes and his hands were as red as cherries.

He stopped and closed the tap. Tears rolled down his eyes. He began to bang his right hand on the countertop of the kitchen.

After a few aggressive bangs, he couldn't move his hand anymore. He slowly let his knees free—falling on the floor within a moment.

He curled up on the floor as he whimpered. He could feel his eyes giving up. He sensed his eyes slowly shutting.

He whispered in a broken voice, 'P-park J-jimin...'