(XVII) 'Your life will be a living hell.'

Jungkook said, 'Jiminie hyung, it'll be fine. Don't worry.'
Taehyung said, 'Jimin-ah, we're here with you. It's gonna be alright.'

Jimin nodded twice in response.

After around half an hour, Hoseok walked to the waiting area with So-Yeon.

She noticed Jimin sitting on a chair in the waiting area. Hoseok stood in front of Jimin with So-Yeon close to the waiting chairs.

Hoseok said, 'Noona, I'm gonna ask you straight. Are you pregnant?'
She said, 'Yes, Hoseok-ah, I am.'
Hoseok said, 'Who's the father?'

She said, 'Yoongi, of course.'
He said, 'We all know that he's not. Tell the truth.'
She said, 'He can sleep with this man... I don't know his name... I don't care whom he sleeps with but he should marry me.'

He said, 'This clearly implies that he's not the father of your baby.'
She said, 'What do you mean, Hoseok-ah?'

He said, 'No mother would say this. A mother will always want her child to have a good father. Spill the beans already.'
She said, 'I'm being a good girlfriend, Hoseok-ah.'

He glared at her for a minute and said, 'You broke up with him already. It's been years. Stop the drama and tell the truth, will you?'

She said, 'You were being nice to me over the phone. Why are you acting like this, Jung Hoseok?'
He said, 'I have my own ways to deal with various situations. You wouldn't have come if I wasn't acting nice to you. I know it very well and so do you.'

She gulped nervously in response.

He said, 'You know me more than you need to, Kang So-Yeon. If you don't speak the truth, I know how to make you speak the truth.'

She nervously said, 'I had a one-night stand... It must be his child.'

He said to Jimin, 'Did you hear that, Park Jimin?'

Jimin froze at where he was sitting upon hearing So-Yeon's words.

Hoseok said, 'Go ask him then! He's the one responsible. Why should Yoongi hyung take the responsibility?'
She said, 'To hide his gay identity.'

He inhaled sharply and said, 'Did he ask you for that?'

She bit her lower lip nervously and said, 'No...'

He said, 'Then why are you doing this?'
She said, 'It's been four months already. We used protection. I didn't know that I was pregnant. I can't abort it now.'
He said, 'You just need someone to take responsibility for your one-night stand child, don't you?'

She gulped and said, 'Yes.'

He said, 'I never knew you were this selfish.'
She said, 'What do you mean?'
He said, 'Because of what you did, he's in there, in the ICU.'

She said, 'He's a depressed coward. I can't be held answerable for his pathetic acts.'
He said, 'So, you're telling me that what you did was right, aren't you?'

She said, 'I know that I'm not completely right but, why can't he marry me?'
He said, 'Why the fuck should he?'

She gulped again in response.

He said, 'Tell me, Kang So-Yeon. Why the fuck should he?'

She didn't say anything in response.

He said, 'You don't have an answer for that, do you?'

She looked away from him and glanced nowhere in particular.

He said, 'Look at me, Kang So-Yeon! I'm asking you a question!' in an authoritative tone.