Reiner and Bertholdt

(Reiner and Bert's reactions to the situation. This should technically be in the bonus episodes, but I think it's important enough to be here.)

(Warning, so much spoilers for everything after S2)

(Reiner POV)

"This is all wrong! Marley never told us about any of this!" Reiner frustratedly vented to his best friend and thanks to those brats, his boyfriend. 

"Reiner......should we call this off?"  Bertholdt supportively suggested.

"No.... We can't go back empty handed.... What are they going to do to us? To you?" 

"It's going to be fine Reiner, we didn't expect there to be another titan shifter on Paradis, let alone a 10th titan shifter, please, we should just go back and get commands from Marley." Bertholdt pleaded.

"What about Annie and Marcel! If they knew we lost the Jaw titan and the female titan without getting anything we'll be done for!" Reiner replied, raising his voice more out of frustration of himself. 

"Reiner.....what do we do?" Bertholdt meekly questioned, intimidated by his significant other.

"Sorry for raising my voice, it's just been.....a lot....." Reiner apologized, sighing into his arms.

Their dimly lit room was located in the right wing of the scout regiment castle, multiple candles lining the stone walls, casting a ominous glow over them. Reiner shifted from his position on a chair to join Bertoldt in bed.

"Let's just review all of our theories again." Reiner suggested, receiving a nod from the tall boy.

"Well from what we know, he's not Mikasa's brother, but he does resemble her. He's either a spy from Hizuru trying to thwart our efforts, or an Eldian family that lived here and inherited the sea titan along the generations, and have been passed down secretly for so long that Marley never had a record of it." 

"I think the first option is more viable....." Berhtoldt spoke up softly.

"Right, because he has knowledge of the outside world already. Damn it! In just a few months he made them unlock flight already. What else could he make in the mean time?"

"What do you think we should do Reinie" Bertholdt mumbled, snuggling into his strong arms. 

"Let's confront him about it, sometime soon, we would need get a reaction out of him, but seeing how sharp the scouts are in noticing Annie, make sure to not give any clues away alright?" Reiner requested.

"Yeah, I'll try not to."

"When fighting against him we have to be careful. I think he can mitigate your steam, and  he can freeze things into weapons like the warhammer titan, even if it isn't as strong. I think the armoured can still handle it without taking much damage though, you're the one who needs to worry Bert." Reiner worriedly commented, not willingly to see his boyfriend get eaten or captured.

"Staying on Paradis has made you soft Reiner." Bertholdt retorted, but giving a warm smile of affection.

"Yeah, but at least I got to have you." Reiner smirked, burying his face into Bertholdts, taking him into a light kiss, "we will get through this, and we'll return home as warriors....."

"Now....before we get under strict military rule again, want to spend some....quality~~ time together?"