Three

✨Damian✨

Earlier that day.

"We have already identified potential partners for our alliance formation, the Russians and the Americans," I said, and let the people discuss.
I had called on a meeting with my people to discuss bonds that we needed to make with other organized crimes. With all of us being involved in illegal activities, and the police and also federal agents being on our backs, we needed an alliance with other mobs for mutual protection and maybe arms cooperation.

"Boss, I think we should have the Americans as our partners, they are almost as powerful as us," Andrea said. He was one of my close friends as well as my family. I nodded.
"Yeah, plus dealing with Russians has proved to be a pain in the neck," Enzo said, he was my second in command, and the other members agreed.

Enzo was right. The Russians have been involving themselves with all the activities that the organized crimes had crossed out, like involving Normal civilians and also illegal transportation of people from other countries for sex exploitation.
After many attempts of trying to talk them out of the "Illegal activities" failed, we resorted to the use of force, and since the other organized groups were not on their side, the Russians decided to drop it. But that is what we know for now. They could still be doing it underground without other groups' knowledge.

"I agree, the last thing we need is for them to drag us into their activities and also spend our time and resources dealing with them," I said.
"Enzo, you will do extensive research on the Americans, after that, we can call their leader and hold a meeting with them," I said and dismissed the meeting. The people all walked out and I was left with Enzo and Andrea.

"Damian, you look like a train hit you. Are you okay?" Andrea asked.
I sighed. "Well, apart from my problems with Marina, everything is okay," I said.
"Don't you think the two of you need to see a marriage counselor?" Enzo asked, and Andrea nodded.
"Yes, I made an appointment with a therapist, Marina doesn't know about it," I said and waited for their reactions. They were my closest friends after all. They were both silent and looked at each other.
"Would you both say something," I said feeling frustrated by the situation.
"Well, Damian go ahead, I mean whatever decision you make and it seems good for your marriage.." Enzo said, shrugging.
"Yeah, so when are you going?" Andrea asked.
I looked at my watch and it was nine in the morning. I had an hour to get to my appointment.
"I am leaving now. It's at 10." I said picking up my coat from the hanger. "And nobody else should know about it," I said, warningly.
"You got it, boss," Andrea said.
Just then the door opened and Marina came in. Andrea and Enzo greeted her and excused themselves.
"Where are you off to? At this time." She asked.
"I need to be alone for some time, so I am going for a ride," I said putting my coat on.
"Is that so?" She asked.
I nodded. I just felt annoyed being with her in the same room, and it felt suffocating that I was sharing a bed with her. I did not even have a little bit of energy to argue with her or explain things to her.
"And what were the three of you talking about?" She asked.
"It was concerning work," I said curtly.
"Excuse me," I said and headed for the door.

***

I drove the Twenty minutes drive to my appointment. The nerves that I had were wrecking me and I have never gone to a therapist's appointment before. It is not like I needed it but for the sake of my marriage.

The hospital was not crowded which I was thankful for. It was not a normal hospital where you'd find people everywhere injured and doctors and nurses running everywhere.

I went to the receptionist and she showed me where Dr Myra's office was.

I knocked on the door. I stood there hesitant for a while. I expected my therapist to be a middle-aged person, who knew a lot of things concerning marriage stuff, not someone younger than me, and also attractive to the eye.
Dr Myra held her hand out for me to shake, I shook it, and she showed me where to seat. She sat in front of me like six feet away.

Her office was spacious and beautiful. The walls were painted white and sky blue. The windows were opened and the amount of fresh air that got in was enough to make you relax, and the way the long curtain shears waved rhythmically. But I did not relax, it was my first time meeting a therapist, who was a stranger and I was about to spill my guts out to her.

I did not even know where to start until she asked me a question and I ended up stammering, but she was not fazed at all. In my mind, all I knew is that I made the mistake of coming here and so I left abruptly.

I did not go back to my house, instead, I went to have a drink to relax my nerves. Normally feeling nervous is not in my system but I did not understand why my nerves were just all over, and I concluded after my drink I will call the hospital or whatever it was to terminate my appointment.

For our marriage Damian, do not terminate it!

I would love to be a child psychologist.

Comment and vote, and also share.