Twenty Nine

Damian's pov

We got out of the other room when the cameras in the room Myra and Griffin were,  stopped working. We tried to open the door but it wouldn't budge, when Myra screamed, we decided to shoot the door down and it opened. I found Griffin moving towards Myra and I did not hesitate, I pulled the trigger two times hitting him, and he staggered backward and fell. I rained bullets on his body and I could hear Enzo calling me.
"Damian!" He yelled, I thought he was telling me to stop shooting Griffin.
"Damian! She is bleeding!" He yelled again and I stopped. I turned around and saw Enzo holding Myra and Andrea trying to stop the bleeding. I hurried to where they were, Enzo was already on his phone calling our ambulance.
"Myra? Myra?" I said but she was already unconscious. I felt tears welling in my eyes. I'd said I will protect her, but I couldn't. I held her close to my chest.
"Where is the ambulance?" I asked furiously.
In no time the ambulance came and the doctors hurried to where we were.
"Excuse us Mr Ferrera we will handle it from here." Dr. Murphy said. I hesitated I did not want to let her go.
"Damian come on, let Murphy do it. Go, Andrea Santino and I will take care of the Americans." Enzo said and Myra was placed on the bed and wheeled away I  followed behind.
I tried not to cry in front of all these people.

We soon climbed into the ambulance and I sat down beside Myra holding her Hand while the doctors worked on her.

***

"Boss, you cannot go with us to the operation room," Murphy said.
"Do everything, you can I don't want to lose her," I said and he nodded.
I sat in the waiting room, fidgeting. I did not know how she got shot. I tried to think about it, I was fast enough to shoot Griffin. I ran my hands through my hair and sat on the floor.

Griffin was only a few feet from her, could the bullets have passed through him and into her? I shook my head, it couldn't be that I shot her. The proximity was far enough, but still, it could be a possibility. I could have shot her.

I could have shot her. No, no, I couldn't believe that I did that to her. I would never hurt her. But the thoughts of me shooting her clouded me and I brought my fist into the wall. The doctors and nurses just watched but I did not care. I had hurt the only person whom I loved the most, the most important thing in my life right now, the love of my life. I had hurt her. Now I just let tears run freely from my eyes.

It had been hours and Dr. Murphy had not yet returned. It was killing me. Right then Enzo and Andrea came with my nanny.
"Damian? Son? Are you alright?" She said running to me.
"I shot her," I said.
"What? What are you talking about Damian." Andrea asked.
"I was fast enough to shoot Griffin, how did she get shot?" I asked frustrated. "Griffin was only a few feet from her, the bullets could have passed to her," I said, standing up again.
"She only had one bleeding spot. You couldn't have shot her." Andrea said.
"Calm down, Damian she is going to be okay," Nanny said. I believed her, I wanted to believe she will be okay. I leaned on the wall and closed my eyes.
"Murphy is here," Andrea said causing me to jerk.
"Is she okay?" I asked.
Dr. Murphy shook his head. "She had been shot twice, both at vital organs one bullet was on the lungs on her right side and the other hit an artery near her heart." He said and I froze. That confirmed my theory.
"Twice? Andrea said. Dr Murphy nodded.

"She lost a lot of blood and her lungs had been torn, by the bullet, she needed a transplant and that was what we were doing. We did manage to save her from any damage that the heart got." He continued.
"She got severe head injuries and some parts of the brain were damaged, but it's not permanent."
"And to just get you prepared, she will not be waking up for the time being, she went into a comma even before we brought  her here,  and there could be effects like her losing her memory." He said.
I couldn't form a word, I felt my head spinning from what he had just said and I sat down on the chair.
"How long will she be in a comma?" I asked. Tears welled in my eyes again.
"We don't know that for sure, it will all depend on how her body reacts to the medication." He said.
"Can I see her?" I asked, he nodded and he called a nurse and she took me to her.
I opened the door and I saw her laying on the bed. With machines attached to her.

I walked to her and sat in the chair beside her. I held her hand, and I let all the tears I had flow freely.
"I am so sorry my love, I am so sorry, I will never forgive myself for putting you here in this bed," I said. And laid my head on the mattress, crying and regretting why I even allowed her to come with me in the first place.  I could have stopped this from happening. Right now we would be somewhere enjoying the night, just the two of us, but here we were.

****

"Damian?" Someone was shaking me. I woke up from where I had laid my head I did not know for how long I had done that. But it was almost morning.
"You need to rest also, you have been here the whole night," Enzo said.
"No, I want to stay here," I said not wanting to leave her alone although she was not here with me.
"You need to sleep, eat and also change those." He said pointing at my bloodied clothes.

"How did it go with the Americans," I asked.
"It went well they agreed to cooperate with us some did not, we killed them." He said. I nodded. After a little convincing from Enzo, I decided to leave.
I went back to the main house. And went straight to the shower and let the cold water just flow through my body, I laid my head on the tiles on the wall and closed my eyes tears threatening to come out of my eyes.

I felt hands wrap around me, and I turned to look and it was Marina.
"What are you doing here?" I asked removing her hands from me.
"I came to keep you company and maybe be your comfort." She said casually. I threw a towel at her.
"Get out," I said.
"Damian, really you need me, I am your wife and I know you better." She said.
"I do not want to see you here, even in this house. Get your stuff and go." I said.
"No, she is going to die. It would be nice for us when she is gone, we could go back to how we were before." She said. That was it.
I grabbed my towel and walked outside of the bathroom. I took my phone and called Santino, and told him to come for her.
"Get dressed and get your things, you are going back to your father," I said.
"No! I am not going anywhere." She yelled. I did not want to hear her voice, let alone seeing her, I left her in the bedroom and went back to the bathroom locking it, I needed to be alone and I could kill someone right now.

After taking the shower, I did not find Marina in the room and I was glad. I walked to the cell where Enzo had said he had the Americans.
"Boss," The guard said bowing his head.
I entered the cell where the people were. I counted Fourteen, I removed my gun aimed it at them, and just pulled the trigger and rained bullets on them, blood-spattered all over the room and also me.
I did not want anything to do with the Americans.

I feel bad for Damian.

Comment, vote and share.