Twenty Six

Damian

It was almost noon when I woke up, Myra was still asleep, the events of last night drained us but it was worth it. I looked at Myra, she was sleeping peacefully, I removed the hairs on her face so that I could have a proper look at her. She was beautiful. I kissed the top of her head and got out of bed. I had thought of a surprise I wanted to give her, and I hoped that she would like it.
I had thought of it since last night after our love-making session and I knew she was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with and build a home with her.

I took a shower and went downstairs, I decided to prepare lunch for the two of us, something romantic. I ordered some flowers and also the best wine for the occasion. I knew I was falling in love with her, but confessing my love to her made me feel nervous. I did not know if she was ready, with the things that had happened with Griffin just a few weeks ago. I might be getting ahead of myself but I can't help it or even wait anymore.

I decided to arrange a small table outside in the garden. I thought it would be the perfect place, the wind blowing, the sun, the birds chirping, it would make it more romantic. And it is also safe since our meeting with the Americans will be held tomorrow, and I did not want too much attention on Myra, not just yet.

"Good afternoon," Myra said, yawning. She just woke up at the right time, I had just finished setting the table.
"Good afternoon My love, how did you sleep?" I asked. She smiled.
"I slept well." She said. "This looks amazing." She said. I pulled the chair for her to sit and placed a kiss on top of her head.
"Thank you." She said.

We talked for a while while eating our lunch all the while I was nervous but I tried not to show it. I went to the house and came with the flowers I had ordered.
"These are for you, my love," I said and her eyes widened at the flowers, she took them and inhaled the scent of them.
"Thank you, they are so beautiful." She said. I was glad she liked them. I have never gifted her anything throughout the time we were together.
"I have something to say to you Myra," I said. She placed the flowers on the table and gave me her full attention. This is it. I thought.
"Yes, I am listening." She said.
I held her hands.
"Well, to be honest, Myra, when I made that call to your office the first day, I did not know what I was indulging myself into, and when I walked into your office, I was attracted to you immediately, your beauty, your smile and the time that we have spent together knowing things about the other, I have come to like you so much. I like how you laugh, love, listen, understand, and everything about you. I like seeing you in my clothes, in my bed, in my space, and also in my house. And Myra I am so sorry for placing you in a difficult situation. I did it out of my selfish needs because I wanted you close to me. And I regret so much for hurting you or making you cry.
Myra, I would love to let you know that, I have fallen in love with you, I love you, Myra, so much and I would love you to be close to me, I would love to hold you in my arms every single day and also make love to you every single day. And I ask Myra, will you be my girlfriend? And if this goes on well, I would want to spend the rest of my life with you." I said. I did not know how the words came out but they just flowed out from my heart.
Myra was crying when I finished.
" I... I... Love you too, so much Damian." She said in between tears.
"I... am... So.. Sorry for being a mess right now, but.. But.." She continued but I stopped her.
"It's okay, relax first," I said and pulled her into a hug and rubbed circles on her back until she came down. She wiped her tears away.
"You know you have not answered my question yet." I teased. She laughed.
"Yes, Damian." She said. "I would like to be your girlfriend." She added.

The rest of the day went on well. We talked a lot and keeping in mind that I had to tell her about the meeting with the Americans.

****

"Baby  I'll be out of town for some days," I said and she sat up.
"Really? Is it about business?" She asked.
"Yes, I'll be meeting up with Griffin and his men," I said, she looked disturbed.
"Is something wrong?" I asked.
"Yeah, I mean will my relationship with you affect anything about your meeting, and since Jord... Griffin and I never settled things." She said. I also sat up. I was not even sure if we were going to sign the contract of the formation of the alliance but one thing I was sure of is I was going to have a really good talk with Griffin.
" No, it won't my love." I said, but I wasn't sure.
"Do you think I should have settled things first with Jordan?" She asked. "Maybe I could accompany you to that meeting." She added.
"No, Myra that would be dangerous," I said.
"I know Damian, but if I don't settle things with him, we will never have a peaceful time." She said. She was right though. I couldn't settle the personal problems between the two but I just did not want Myra near that goon, anything can happen.

I agreed to let her come with me. But I was on edge. what if something really bad happens? But I promised myself that I would protect her and even if it means losing things for her I will.

What do you think about his love confession, it sound more like he was proposing!

Comment on what you think!

Thank you my loves!