Five

Dr. Myra

It was on a Friday, and Fridays were the only days that I was free from appointments I took it as a day to just do some paperwork and also get to answer phone calls and emails from my clients following up on how they were progressing.

Apart from my doctor's life, I managed to build a life for myself. At the age of Twenty-six, I had a well-paying job, my own built house, a car, and a boyfriend, to say the least. I am set to marry the love of my life next year, and I could not contain the happiness that I was feeling, to be able to start a family.

I also have problems but I try not to bring them into my workspace. My fiance, Jordan, is a businessman, and being that, he travels a lot and he is usually absent. We would communicate daily through face time or even normal calls. He would also order flowers to be brought to me on any day, and I appreciated that, but his presence would do me good. He had been gone for over two months now. It was frustrating. I sighed and continued with my work.

I went through a few diagnosis records for my clients and wrote down treatment plans for each. I finished all the files and I was left with only Damian Ferrera's file. I had gotten an insight into what his problem could be, but it was not enough. I knew what marriage problems entailed but hearing it from my patient would be easy to formulate treatment plans.
I encouraged my clients if they are coming for marriage therapy, to come with their partners, but still, I understood that some partners may not want to come. But after all, it was still beneficial to come alone.

I answered a few phone calls and also some emails. I checked the email I sent Mr. Ferrera three days ago, and it was still not answered. He could be busy or even got a new therapist, or he doesn't want to respond. I sighed. I took out my phone and dialed his phone number. It's my job to follow up on my clients, and if they have a change in their plans I think it should be out of respect to let me know.

Mr. Ferrera picked up his phone after the third ring,

"Hello?" He said.
"Hi, Mr Ferrera it's Dr Myra," I said.
"Oh, Dr Myra." He said
"I called due to the follow-up email I sent you, seeing that you have not yet responded I wanted to know, if you have made any changes, or if you are busy at the time so that I can make the necessary adjustments on my side," I said.
"I... Um... I.. I want to continue with the sessions, it's just that I do not feel comfortable with you sending me emails, they get mixed up with my work so..." He trailed off.
"I understand Mr. Ferrera, when would you like to continue with the session?" I asked.
"I would like to start next week, on Monday." He said.
"Okay, well then see you next week," I said and place the receiver down.

Calling always does the trick sometimes, unless the client does not want to be called. I wrote down on his file the day he will start his session.

*****

✨Damian✨

Enzo, Andrea, and I had been working on knowing who this shadow man was. It was proving to be a difficult task, and I felt like giving up. It was not like we badly needed the alliance.
"Okay, I feel like I am done for today," Andrea said.
"Me too," I said. I ordered food to be brought to us and while we were eating my phone rang.
I was not answering it at first since I did not recognize the caller ID until Enzo urged me to answer claiming it could be important.
I answered the call and I did not recognize the person until they said their name, Dr Myra.

I had seen her email alright, and my work was not mixed with my office work, that was a shitty excuse I gave her. It took me a long to respond because I was still thinking about it, and I had not yet decided to go back and continue with this therapy thing, but I put myself into a corner. I wanted to see her again, so I agreed to attend the sessions.
I told Enzo and Andrea that I wanted to go to the sessions to fix my marriage so that they could get off my back.

Fixing my marriage was far from why I decided to continue with the sessions. Since I saw her, I have not been able to keep my mind off of her. For once I had forgotten the problems I was having in my marriage. But before I could go back to therapy, I needed to talk to Marina.

I love how professional Dr Myra is.

Thank you for reading.
ILY
Please comment, vote, and share.