Four.

✨Damian✨

I drove back to my house after spending almost half of the day in my club. Although I needed a drink, I also had to check on how the business was fairing. During the day, the club was normal, civilians would just come to drink their sorrows away but at night business went on.
The club was used for dealing drugs and with the partying that goes on at night, nobody apart from the members of the different mobs would suspect anything out of the know.

I went straight to my bedroom to take a shower and hoped to escape another argument with Marina.

Marina and I met when we were teenagers, her father and my father were friends, hence us knowing each other. We loved each other and also adored each other, but things just changed. I tried to make it work for us but it seemed like I was the only one who was putting effort to make sure everything went the right way. Hell, I was not even attracted to her anymore, physically and even sexually. I do not even remember the last time we had sex or the last time we were being touchy with each other. I sighed.

I finished taking a shower and went to have dinner with the others before finishing up some work stuff.
"Good evening boss," The servant said, placing my plate on the table. I responded with a nod.
Enzo and Andrea were already here and also Marina and my nanny.
"Oh, son have a seat," Nanny said pointing to a seat that was next to hers.
She has been my nanny since I was born, and when my parents died she took up the role of being my parent, and I appreciated her for it.

"Damian, now is the time you are coming from your ride?" Marina asked. I was about to answer but my nanny did.
"Now, let us have dinner first, and we can talk about other things later," Nanny said. She looked at me with piteous eyes, she knew what was happening with my marriage, Enzo and Andrea too, but not any of my men and other mobs. Outside of the house, we pretended to be the perfect couple. It was tiring living double lives.
"Andrea and Enzo, we will meet after this and discuss the Americans," I said. They nodded.
"What about the Americans?" Marina asked.
"We want to ally with other mafias," I said.
"Oh, but why do you need partners, we are the most powerful, we do not need others." She said.
"That we are, but there could come a time when we will need each other's help with something," Andrea said.
"But when have we ever asked for help?" Marina asked.
"Please let us just drop it," I said, rubbing my temples. I had so many things in mind, work, my marriage, and the thoughts of my therapist. Hell. I placed my spoon down and walked out of the dining room and went to my office.
Shortly Andrea and Enzo came in.
"So what did you find out about them," I asked. Enzo opened his laptop and showed me an area marked on a map.
"So the Americans are divided into three, the western part, easternmost and the northern part, each ruled by a 'captain' as they call it, but all orders come from the northern part," Enzo said.
"And who gives the orders in that area?" I asked.
"Not yet known, but our Intel says that they call the person there 'the shadow man," Andrea added.
"So there is not a lot about them then," I said
"Yep, seems like it is going to take some time to find out about them," Enzo said.
"It's okay, we can take the longest time, we do not even need an alliance as long as we stay the most powerful," I said. "But to be safer also, we need it," I concluded. They both nodded. Enzo shut his laptop. I noticed how they were both exchanging looks.
"Is there something else that I must know?" I asked.
"Well, no it's something that we must know," Andrea said. I raised my eyebrow questioningly, and Enzo started speaking.
"How did the session go?" He asked.
That, I thought.
"Not well," I said standing up from my chair.
"Not well, you mean?" Enzo asked.
I explained to them everything that had happened.
"So you ran away from therapy?" Andrea asked.
"No, I did not, I just felt uncomfortable," I said.
"Uncomfortable with what? Those people do not need a gun placed on their heads to keep their mouths shut. They know how to do it because it's unethical." Andrea said, quoting the unethical
Andrea took out a bottle of wine and poured it into three glasses and handed me one.
"I know, but that is not it," I said. I took a sip from my glass. I did not know how they will react to what I was going to say.
"Well, what is it?" Enzo spoke this time. I was silent for a while.
"Well, I don't know, but I just found her to be really attractive," I said, shrugging. Enzo and Andrea just looked at me with widened eyes. I returned to my seat. Maybe I was the problem in our marriage, I could not be thinking about how the person who was supposed to be my shrink, was attractive.
"What?!" They both said.
"I know, I do not get it, she is the only thing that has been in my mind, most of the day," I said running my hands through my hair.
"Damian, are you listening to yourself?" Enzo asked. "You are fantasizing about cheating on Your wife," Enzo said. He placed his glass down.
"If the two of you cannot solve your marital problems, get a divorce man, but not an affair," Enzo said.
"Yes, Enzo is right. Damian, the two of you have been at it forever. Like When do you guys get along? Or when have you talked with your wife without feeling pissed or just yelling? And let's not forget intimacy. You are about to turn Thirty Damian, do not be tied down with a loveless marriage. Think about it." Andrea added.

They were both right. I just had to think about everything well and talk to Marina about it, and also our relationship.
"Okay, I have heard you, I will think about it," I said.
They both said goodnight and left me to my thoughts. The beeping of my phone brought me back from my thoughts. An email had popped on my screen, it caught my attention and so I opened it.

DrMyra@gmail.com

Hi Damian,
Thank you for coming in today, I know we had less interaction during our session and I am so sorry that you are going through hard times, in your marriage.
If you'd like to meet again and continue with the session, please let me know, and we will find a time that works well with your schedule.

Sincerely,
Dr Myra.

I went through the email a couple of times before putting my phone down. I did not know what I wanted. I was already frustrated enough, and this email I just received was not making the situation any better.
I finished the last drink and went to my room, promising myself to think about it before responding.

Any thoughts on Dr. Myra?

What is Damian going to do?