Twenty Seven

Myra

I was standing at the bedroom mirror admiring how the dress Damian had got for me for the occasion looked good on me. I wanted to move on from Griffin, but I wasn't so sure how he would react. Our last interaction was not that pleasing.

"You look amazing," Damian said. Wrapping his arms around my waist and placing a kiss on my neck.
"Thank you, and you too," I said admiring him in that black suit.
He turned me around from the mirror and looked at my eyes.
He held out his hand and he gave me a small pocket knife.
"For safety, my love." He said he helped me put it just where it could not be seen in the dress. I nodded, I saw how nervous he was. I too was. But I needed to do this.
"Also this is an earpiece, it is small and not noticeable, if you feel like there's danger just speak and I'll hear you." He said and I nodded.
"Damian, I am going to be okay," I said holding his hands. He nodded and we shared a kiss.
"I love you." He said.

****

We arrived at the place and it was packed with people, not a lot but with the rich men and women, and the stately cars that graced the compound. I held onto Damian's hand, tightly because I was nervous. Just what could happen?
"It's going to be okay, just remember what I told you." He said and I nodded

"Boss, the Americans are already here." Santino from earlier on informed Damian.
"I'll be back for you shortly, okay just stay put." He said placing a kiss on my lips. I nodded.
I decided to just roam around, and have a drink while I wait for Damian.
"Can I have a lemonade," I said to the bartender.
"Sure, pretty lady." He said, winking.
I waited patiently as the guy made my drink.
"Who are you with today?" He asked.
"I... Um..what do you mean." I asked.
"Boyfriend or husband or just a date." He said. I nodded. "Here you go." He said handing me my drink.
"Damian," I said, sipping the drink, I thought it would be good for my tensed nerves.
"Who? Damian Ferrera?" He said his eyes widening. I nodded.
"Thank you for the drink," I said leaving the bar with my drink, I looked around and I could not see any familiar faces, it was not a normal gathering of course. People were making small talks here and there, especially women, the men seemed to have left for the meeting and the wives and girlfriends were catching up. I sighed, I did not fit here.

"Excuse me." I heard someone saying behind me, I turned around. The woman who stood in front of me was tall with slender legs and her blond hair flowed up to the middle of her back.
"um..yes?" I said.
"I am Marina, nice to meet you." She said. Marina.
"Myra, nice to meet you," I said awkwardly. She looked at me, her eyes going up and down my body, making me uncomfortable.
"Excuse me," I said turning to leave but she held my hand and yanked me to look at her.
"You have no right," I said removing my hands from her hold.
"Is that so? I saw you all touchy and kissing my husband. You had no right." Marina said, just loud enough for people to hear and the women in the room turned their attention to us, and the room fell silent.
"Look Marina, I do not have any problem with you, so please don't start with the drama," I said. I honestly did not want to deal with her. I had come to deal with my problems.
"You shameless woman." She said and her palm landed on my cheek hotly. "You have no shame, in coming here, you are the reason Damian decided to give me a divorce, you stole my husband from me, you should be thoroughly ashamed, the two of you are disgusting pieces of shit!" She now yelled.
I have had just enough of her. My palm landed on her face this time round, hotly like she did, and she fell on the floor.
"Listen to me Marina, you will not talk about me or Damian, in the way you want. I don't owe you any explanation," I said turning around to leave, all eyes in the room looked at us and now they had started whispering. I walked out of the room and down a hallway that I believe led to the washrooms.
I washed my hands on the sink and sprinkled some water on my face to calm me down. I did not even realize how hard I had slapped her until I put my hands under the water and they stung. I had never anticipated that I'd meet Marina. I just stayed in the washroom not wanting to go back to that room.

"Miss Myra?" Someone said I turned around and Enzo was standing there.
"Hi, Enzo," I said with a tight smile.
"I'll be taking you to Damian?" He asked and placed his arm for me to hold. I nodded.
"Sorry about what happened." He said almost in a whisper. I nodded. He could have been told by Damian to watch me so I did not ask anything. We walked silently until we reached the room.
Enzo held my hands tightly.
"You don't have to worry about anything okay, we will all be here to take care of it, and also you." He said and I smiled.
"Thank you," I said hugging him. He opened the door for me, and he followed me closely behind.

Damian

Earlier on when we walked to this room, we found Griffin and his men already seated. The man was fairly good-looking, and we seemed to be of the same age. He greeted me and my men happily.
"The Damian Ferrera." He said and I nodded forcing a smile.
"So where do we start." He asked.
"We decided otherwise, we don't want the alliance anymore," I said and he looked at me with horrified eyes.
"Why, why not?" He asked.
"Well, Griffin if I may say, I don't like you at all, at all, especially how you hurt My girlfriend," I said. Eyeing him.
"Girlfriend? What Girlfriend?" Griffin asked.
"Myra," I said nonchalantly.
"What are you talking about?" He asked.
"Your ex-fiancee," I said, removing my gun and placing it on the table calmly. "And the moment you placed your dirty hands on her, that is when I changed my mind," I said as calmly as I could manage. Griffin brought his hands to the table with force.
"All that time it was you!" He yelled.
He paced around the room. I was just prepared for anything and if any of us start exchanging bullets, we would not survive.
Griffin removed his gun and pointed it at me and so did his men, pointing them at mine.
"I want to see her." He said. "Right now." He said. I could see all the fury that made him tremble. I asked Enzo to bring Myra in.

The doors opened and Myra came in, Enzo following behind her. She stopped abruptly, and her eyes widened at the scenario.
"Myra, baby?" Griffin said causing Myra to step backward.
"You are okay, Did this man hold you captive, did he blackmail you? Did he do anything to you?" Griffin asked.
"No, I am okay," Myra said. Griffin started moving towards her. "Stop, right there." She said holding her hand out. Griffin continued to walk.
"She told you to stop." Enzo had already removed his gun. "If you make another move I will not hesitate to shoot you with or without my boss's orders," Enzo said. And Griffin stopped. I was glad Enzo was there.
"Okay, then I want to talk to her alone," Griffin said.
"And do you think I'll allow that," I said. Getting angry at his guts.
"Damian it's okay, I'll talk to him," Myra said. I could have sworn that I saw him smirking.
"What? My love, are you sure?" I said walking towards her.
"Yes, Damian please let me talk to him," Myra said.
"I don't want him to hurt you again," I said.
"If he wants to hurt you," I said giving her my gun. "Don't hesitate," I said. She looked between me and the gun, she hesitated but took it.
" Remember about the knife and the earpiece," I said to her in a whisper, and she nodded.
I kissed her before my men and Griffin's left the room. I left some of my men at the door and Andrea guided the rest of us to a room just above that, where we could see what was happening and also hear.

What do you think is going to take place?

Vote, comment, and share!