Twenty Two

Damian

"Calm down Damian, and let's think," Enzo said.
"You know it can cause an outbreak of war." He added.
"I know that damn well," I said, running my hands through my hair. I looked at the file that Andrea had given me. I was excited to find out who this Jordan was so that I can put my hands on him also, but my excitement was cut short when Griffin's photo appeared on the first page.
I couldn't believe that he was Myra's fiancee, and there was no Jordan registered as his name, and that would explain why he hid his personal life so well, calling himself the shadow man.
"Does Myra know about his involvement in the Mafia?" Andrea asked.
"She did tell me he was a businessman but didn't specify what kind," I said.

If she knew about his involvement in the Mafia, she would have given me a hint, when I told her that she will not be going back to him, something like 'he will still find me' but she didn't. So she did not know anything.

"Could you maybe ask her if she knew, to just be on the safe side, She could be working for him." He added.

I nodded but I doubted if she was working for him, and to know what about me? For the times I have stayed with Myra, her energy was purely authentic, she never gave me a reason to doubt her. I would have noticed if something was wrong.

"What are we going to do about it, Damian?" Andrea asked. Honestly, I did not know what to do. I was slowly but surely falling in love with Myra, it is like she was having a spell on me, I enjoy every moment and minute with her, and letting her go would be a mistake. But what about my people and the Mafia? I thought. Us getting into war with the Americans, could be a possibility if Myra means a lot to Griffin.
I sighed, I just had to think of something for my people and also myself.

"I'll talk to her," I said. "I will tell her about everything we've found out about her fiancee," I said.
"You know Damian, I like her, she is very fun to be around and I would like it if you keep her around, plus she brings out another version of you," Enzo said.
"Yeah, me too, we could all get our heads checked you know," Andrea added, and I managed to smile.
"We've got you, in whatever you decide, man," Enzo added, and I nodded. I appreciated that they would stand by me no matter what I decided.
We walked out of my office after the meeting and I found Myra sleeping on the couch with the TV on. She must have been bored and also tired from all the walking we did, and her injury had not completely healed.

I walked Enzo and Andrea to the door, they said their goodbyes and left.
"Baby," I said shaking Myra gently and she opened her eyes.
"Oh, Damian, is it morning?" She asked. Yawning and stretching her hands. I chuckled at her confused self.
"No, baby it's time to sleep, and sleeping here will make you more tired. Let's go to bed." I said.
"Really?" She asked with widened eyes. "I felt like I slept for hours." She said. I smiled, sadly.

We walked to the bedroom and she changed into my shirt. She has been wearing my clothes for the three days she has been here. I could buy her clothes you know, but I just wanted her scent everywhere in my possession.
We slipped into bed together and I pulled her closer to me, I drew circles on her back until she slept. I couldn't sleep, I was thinking of the information I had just acquired from Enzo and Andrea. I had just found her, I had just found my happiness, and I did not know if I was ready to let her go, to lose her. And I cannot let her go and just walk around, Griffin would get her, and with the kind of man he has portrayed himself to be, he will surely not hesitate to hurt her even more.

Griffin and I were not enemies, but it seemed like we are just going to be sworn enemies. He was already my enemy for doing whatever he did to Myra, it was unforgivable.
The meeting with them was going to take place just a few weeks from now, and I could just decide that we don't want the alliance anymore. But Griffin took my interest, I would like to see him in person.

I slipped out of bed seeing Myra was deeply asleep and walked to my office. I opened the drawer and removed a file. It has been long since I saw and used this file, but it was the only way of making Myra stay. To Stay with me.

I am excited!!!

What is this file?