Nine.

Damian✨

Marina was seated on the bed when I arrived home, she was only in a lingerie. I went to shower first and when I came out of the bathroom she was naked. If I am being honest, I was not in the mood for having sex.
"Marina, I don't feel like it," I said when she started touching and kissing me. It's like she did not hear, she continued touching me, if it was in another situation I would gladly oblige but not now.
I removed her hands from me. "Marina," I said sternly and she stopped.
"Were you not t the one who was complaining that we don't have sex?" She asked.
"Please just stop Marina, I did not mean it in this way," I said, not wanting to revisit the subject.
"I prepared myself well for you, and now you don't want to sleep with me?" She asked.
"I am going to sleep in the other room," I said ignoring her question, and left. I needed to take some rest, I needed it for my therapy tomorrow.

****

It was nine o'clock in the morning, my appointment was still at ten am. I had canceled all my schedules for today and for the rest I had requested Enzo and Andrea to handle them.
I drove in the same familiar direction I had done the other day, I arrived and went to the receptionist.
"Mr. Ferrera, it's good to see you again." She said. I nodded. She directed me to Dr Myra's office and this time I was ready for whatever conversation we were going to have. I knocked on the door and she still greeted me with a smile and also offered her hand for me to shake, which I did.

She sat in front of me, with a pen and a notebook. She looked amazing in those heeled shoes and in the white suit she was wearing.

"Thank you for meeting me today, Damian but before we start I would like us to go through a few things regarding confidentiality." She said I nodded.
"The information you share with me and any notes I might take through the sessions are kept confidential, however, there might be times I would be forced to break the confidentiality." She said. Break confidentiality? It's already enough that no one knows I am going for therapy except my two friends who I know cannot tell a soul.
"What times are that?" I asked curiously.
She stated if I was being a harm to myself or others and if I am involved in serious crimes. I was involved in serious crimes but I was not going to tell her any of that.
Shortly after the introduction, we started the session. I told her about my problems with my marriage, our arguments, being annoyed by just being in the same room and also not having sex and I also included my conversation with her about having a divorce.
"You said, after telling her you wanted a divorce, she said she'd commit to making the marriage work?" She asked and I nodded.
"How did you feel about that?" She asked.
"I felt like she wanted to manipulate me into not giving her a divorce," I said. Honestly, I felt like Marina was just pretending and the tears that she cried were all false.
Dr Myra jolted a few things on her notepad and I took a little time to check her out. She was really beautiful, I could say that to her almost every day if she were mine. I did not know anything about her except that she was my therapist, which increased my curiosity but I did not want to feed it by doing a background check on her. Maybe I could ask her, or maybe I could just do that check.

We continued with our session.

"A divorce? Is that what you want?" She asked me. I had thought about it and there were no good reasons that got the better side of me not wanting to divorce Marina. That is what I wanted, but Marina doe not want it. I nodded

"Mr Ferrera, I have heard what you said and I would like you to tell me what you would like to feel or what you envision at the end of the therapy." She asked.
"I do not know what I want, Dr. I just want to be out of my marriage," I said. To be honest that is just what I want, I was tired of trying to make things work. She nodded.
"Thank you for being honest." She said.

We ended our session and I was glad that I talked about it with her, and I felt heard, and understood. I told her about scheduling my sessions to be once a week because postponing my work will be difficult and I do not want Marina to be on my back.

****

"Robert, I want you to prepare the divorce papers," I said to my lawyer over the phone. I was driving home and I had just heard enough of everything and I was not going back to discuss it with Marina. If the divorce goes on well, I will not hesitate to tell Myra how I feel about her.
"Yes... Yes sir." Robert said.
The sooner the process starts the better.

Dr. Myra, you are so professional!
I like that!

What do you think?

Vote, comment, and share