One.

Thank you for reaching chapter one. And before anything.
waylaidbaby111 thank you for the book cover, it's perfect.
Y'all can check out her profile, read her books: she is a really good writer, one of my fav. Give her works a vote and also a follow.
Thank you again.

✨Damian✨

"Dr Myra's office, how may I help you?" The receptionist asked.
"I want to book an appointment with Dr Myra." I said. I rubbed my forehead and sighed heavily. It took me months to come to the conclusion that I needed help with my marriage, and through those months, I had managed to gather enough courage to make this call.
I was tired of everything. Everything in my life, starting with my failed marriage. I needed a break, a mental break and I decided if I needed that mental break, I would have to talk to someone about all my problems. A therapist, perhaps. Someone who will not judge you when you are looking at them.
"Okay, can I have your name please and your email address?" The receptionist said.
"Damian Ferrera." I said, and I also gave her my email address. I heard the receptionist typing away in her computer, and I waited patiently.
"I have scheduled your appointment with Dr Myra tomorrow morning at 10.am." The receptionist said.
"Can it be a little bit earlier?" I asked. The last thing I wanted was for someone to see me walking inside of a therapist's office.
"No, I am so sorry Mr Ferrera, Dr Myra has other appointments scheduled earlier tomorrow." The receptionist said. I sighed heavily. I was not even sure if this was the right thing to do, but I just I had to try it.
"You can schedule your appointment for another day Mr Ferrera, if it is an inconvenience to you." The receptionist said.
"No, it's okay, I will go with the 10.am. Thank you." I said and placed the receiver down.

I took out a bottle of wine and filled my glass, hoping that the drink will help me relax. I sat down on my chair and stared at the ring on my finger. The day I wore this ring had been my happiest day. I got to marry the love of my life in front of hundreds. It was a happy day indeed. A day that I got someone to spend the rest of my life with, create a home together and grow old together, and before even growing old, the best thing that I had always wished for is to be called a father. To see our children with their children. But these future days seemed like they will never come to pass.

I drank the third glass. I had been sitting here in my office to avoid any arguments with my wife. Everyday it was all the same. It seemed like we never agreed on anything, and neither of us knew how to communicate. If at all we were talking about things, it would always end up heatedly. Slamming of doors, and yelling. It was not a peaceful home, and it was wearing me out day by day.
I was not able to concentrate or do my job effectively. I was the head of the Italian mafia, and many people looked up to me. I had so many responsibilities on my shoulders, but with the situations that I dealt with everyday at home made me feel the weight increasing and almost crushing me down.

I drank the last glass and decided to go to bed. I walked down the quiet hallway. It was a huge house and it seemed like everyone had gone to sleep. Obviously, it was in the middle of the night. I walked inside my room and my wife was sleeping, peacefully. I did not want to wake her up so I slipped in beside her as quietly as possible and closed my eyes, I just hoped that I will not run into any of my employees or someone I know, the appointment will be the first and the last, after all.