Ten

Myra

When I was talking to Damian, I noticed he had the same problems I had with my relationship except that I was not married and Jordan and I never really get into arguments because apparently, he is never around.

I understood Damian quite well. Especially his frustrations. He was frustrated that he is not appreciated and that his commitment is not reciprocated, and he eventually got tired.

I looked at the notes I had taken. Lack of sex and intimacy. Sex and intimacy is not just about sharing body fluids, but it's about the emotions that your partner is communicating to you at the moment, that is what intimacy is and lack of it puts a lot of relationships down.

Earlier on when I talked to Jordan I said to him that I loved him, but I was not even sure if those words held meaning to it, right now. At the beginning of our relationship, it was different but now I feel like we are just drifting apart, day by day.
Jordan is a nice person, and we had been dating for three years until he proposed to me just recently. He buys me nice gifts and flowers and he also treats me well but there is just something missing.

He had given me an engagement ring at a small house party, it was not a party. I just came home from work one day and red rose petals had been spread on the floor, like a way I followed those petals that led me to the yard where I found Jordan on his knees. I was really happy, he was the man I just needed. He put the ring on my finger, we drank and danced and also made passionate love under the night sky, it was an amazing experience, and he also promised me, that we will spend the rest of our lives together and build a family together, but I could not just take such a big step now when we had so much going on in our dating life. 
He is always out of the country for business trips and when he comes back, it's only for a few days or hours and then he goes back after having made up to me by taking me out on a fancy date and also buying me things: fancy dresses, accessories and also shoes. I appreciated it of course but it was just not it. I needed him to be here, physically and I also needed him sexually. I sighed.
I removed the shoes I was wearing and stepped on the carpeted floor, to just relax my feet.

Looking back at the session I had with Damian,  he was courageous, not like the first time he came, he was nervous and I understood that well. But I was really glad he opened up to me. He knew what he wanted and the confidence he had answering those questions even if it was just by a nod. Although he had not mentioned anything about the scar on his face, I admired him for that. And Not to say that he is a handsome man, would be an injustice. If it were not for our client-therapist relationship and we meet outside, it would have been another story. I would like to feel his hands roaming all over me.

I sighed and brushed those thoughts away. If that happens I would be prone to losing my job.
I wore a pair of sandals I had carried in my bag. I usually carried a pair, whenever I wore high heels to my work and I was glad I did that. I walked to the cafeteria and bought a cup of coffee and headed back to my office I had some work to do anyway. I needed to visit Addison at her home and check on her and the progress she was making. Maybe later I could have a drink or something.

Dr. Myra, did you say something about Damian?

What's gonna happen next? It's all a mystery! Can't wait to turn the page, prepare to be amazed!

Comment, vote, and share!

If you get the reference of the song,
Comment!
ILY.