Fourteen

Myra

The reason I had decided to go to the club with Suzanne was that I did not have any appointments for the rest of the day and it was almost the weekend, and also to get my mind off of My relationship with Jordan, I was not expecting to come across Mr Ferrara.

I had had enough drinks for the night, and they were just what I needed to relax and get my mind off of things. It did work before I met Damian.
I was back at my house and I could not get my little incident with Damian off of my mind. It was wrong, Damian was my client, and any relationships with my clients apart from the working relationship were unethical plus he was a married man and on top of that, I was engaged to someone.

I admit I was drunk but not too drunk to not know what I was doing, but he also engaged me. What was he thinking? I thought. I made myself a cup of coffee to regain my sober self. I did not know how to approach this situation but professionally wise I knew. I could just request a termination of our session and hand him over to another therapist. But apart from that, I did not know what to do.
I opened my laptop and looked at my appointment schedule. Damian's appointment was on Monday the morning after Addison's. I had to think of how I will approach him.

After drinking my coffee, I decided to have some sleep, and I texted Jordan telling him that I will skip the face time, but I will call him tomorrow first thing in the morning.

****

Damian

When I arrived home, I was glad Marina was not waiting for me in our room, I wondered where she was but not that I cared, right now I just needed to be left alone. I took a shower and lay on the bed, my eyes facing the ceiling. I wondered what would have happened if Myra did not leave all of a sudden.
When she was touching my hand, I felt butterflies all over my body, I do not know how to describe that feeling but it was something else, just different. Different from when Marina touches me.

I was still wondering what she meant when she said we couldn't do it. I wondered if she was attracted to me just like I was, but she never showed it whenever I meet with her during our sessions, she has never given me a hint that she liked me or was attracted to me.
In the club when we met she was drunk, she could have been doing whatever she did out of the influence of alcohol, but I did not want to think that. I wanted to think that she knew what she was doing.
I stood up from the bed and walked to my office. I will not be having any sleep if I kept on thinking about her, so I decided to do a few paper works and also check on the progress of my other businesses. I managed to do a few things and also answer a few emails concerning work all the time resisting the urge to type in Myra's name and check on some details concerning her, eventually, I did. There was little concerning her parents, she was raised by her grandmother who later died, and she was Twenty Six, just three years younger than me. She had no relationship status, but I remembered when she was touching me, she had a ring on. It was an engagement ring but that did not worry me much.
Her pictures popped up on my screen in different contexts. Her in summer dress, in jeans, in suits and I couldn't help smiling at how cute and beautiful she looked. But my eyes were stuck on a photo of her on the beach, wearing a black swimsuit, it showed off her body quite well. She was breathtaking. I was so lost in looking at the photo that I did not even hear Marina coming in.

"Damian?" Marina said, I slowly closed my laptop and looked up at her. She was standing at the door.
"What are you doing here, at this hour?" She asked, walking towards me.
"Nothing, just finishing up some work," I said. "What do you want?" I asked.
She shrugged. "Nothing, I just came to find you and I talked to my dad about you proposing that we should have a divorce," Marina said and I nodded.
"He wants to talk with you tomorrow." She added.
"Okay, I will talk to him. Goodnight Marina." I said standing up from my seat.
"Damian, please think about us before making such a huge step." She said.
"I am not rethinking anything, Marina. Tomorrow I will talk to your father." I said and left. I did not go back to our room, I lay on the bed in the other room and let my thoughts drive me to sleep.

Vote, comment, and share!!

Go to the next page!

*goes*
Thank you!