37

July 18th, 2022

Randy is still in the hole. I make sure to send him messages frequently because I know how much he needs support through all this. I tell him about work, school, news in France... Anything that can help him escape his reality.

As I'm watching a movie on Prime Video, I see an incoming call from my man. I pause and grab the phone.

This is a prepaid debit call from Randal Corey, an inmate at the * department of corrections. To accept this call, press 0. To refuse this call, hang up or press 1. To prevent calls from this facility, press 9.

"Hello ?"

Not my babe's voice...

"Hello."

"Hi umm I'm Dee friend, he asked me to tell you sum on his behalf so umm he said keep writing him and he probably gon' call you tomorrow. He said he loves you umm..."

"Okay. Thank you."

"You want me to tell him sum for you ?"

"Just tell him I love him."

Of course I'd like to say nasty shit but I'm too shy for that lol.

"Aight. Anythin else ?"

"No nothing. Thank you so much."

"You're welcome umm... You're American ?"

"No I'm British. That's the accent right ?"

"Yeah. Ummm... Can you find me a friend ?"

I do not plan to do so.. But I don't wanna be rude.

"I'll be released in a couple of months." He continued.

"Nice. Do you know where you'll be living ?"

"I don't really know."

"Is someone waiting for you outside ? A family member or..."

"Yeah my grandma. My momma died couple of years ago."

"I'm sorry to hear that..."

Damn that nigga needs to vent. But that's not my place like ???

"I'ma let you go tho. Gotchu bout Dee message."

"Thanks ! Bye."

I end the call. Well I don't know him but he looks like a nice person. I'm really happy Randy can trust people enough to send them my way. I've always been scared to hear that something bad happened to him... But if he got himself some close friends out there then that's great. It lowkey keeps me relieved regarding his safety.

I sometimes feel so powerless... Like if something happens to him, I can't help, I can't be there to support him. I can't visit and see his face and tell him everything will be fine. I can't hug him. Like there are so much that I cannot do. So I really do believe having a real friend  in jail can only be beneficial for him.

I check for his friend DOC number then I add him on Jpay.

Hellooo it's Randy's girlfriend :-)) My name is Wendy btw. It's actually my second account because the first one is blocked and I had to use a different name so I picked nicki because why not lol, that's the little story behind this username ahah. So yeah I added you with the other account but I won't be able to answer/send anything with it

Anywaaays I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to call, it's really nice of you !! And thanks for looking after him, you don't know how much I appreciate it.