Author's Note

Depression is very common and yet often neglected or disregarded in the world. It's looked down upon despite the number of people committing suicide per day. As a person who has been battling depression for three years, it was beyond important for me to get this story through. Although there are other elements and famous tropes included in this, the main focus is centred on Fallon's depression as well as anxiety. I didn't write this story to give off a negative outlook to the world about committing suicide and taking away your life. I wrote this to portray why killing yourself is useless, what you would've missed out and how it will affect your loved ones.

Your impact on other people is bigger than you think. Even though you may not know or think of it, someone still giggles when they think of that funny thing you said. You may not know or think of it, but someone still smiles when they think of the compliment you gave them. Someone silently admires you. Your cat or dog or bird looks forward to you coming home every day. The advice you gave has made a difference for certain people. The support and love you've offered others have made someone's day. Your input and opinions made someone think twice. You are not insignificant and forgotten, darling. Your existence makes a positive difference, whether you see it or not. And it takes time to see that within yourself. You have to gradually heal yourself from the inside and I'll be healing beside you the rest of the way. I know it hurts and is more painful as you make the journey through relapses and breakdowns.

But don't you think it's worth trying for the little moments you get to experience in between?

________________________________

love, ri <3