38: Stay

Winter's POV

"Because he was sick."

"Your father had an illness."

"He has an schizophrenia."

'Schizophrenia?', I mumbled silently. Staring at nowhere, and still frozen at my stand. As some of my past flashed back on my head.

—————

Flashbacks.

"Appa!?", Winter shouted rushing towards her father with open arms as soon as he walk inside their mansion.

But Mr. Kim pushed her harshly, before she could even hug her father.

She usually hug his father after not seeing him for a week because of work.

Winter stumbled on her butt flat on the floor, and now brushing her elbow and wincing in pain.

"I'm tired. Leave me alone for a while.", Mr. Kim said flatly. Looking down at the little girl. Showing no concern, at her daughter. And left the place, heading towards his room. While Winter was still at floor, shocked at what happened. Maids offered their hands for help but Winter shove their hands and stood up on herself.

She just arrived from her school, and she's been so excited to tell her father about her activities in school. Specially about soccer, she wanted to tell her father that they just won a game today. But her big smile from a while ago vanished and turned into a frown, as she started walking silently heading to her room instead.

————-

Winter came back from school and was planning to check on her father in his office room. She knocked first and waited for her father to open the door, as she didn't want to barge in and get scolded again.

But it took her a minute standing and waiting. She got impatient as time ticks, making her changed her mind but on the other way around. Instead of being an obedient child Winter did the opposite and opened the door of her father's room slightly to check first if her father was busy.

"So you think, they're planning something against me?!" It was coming from her father. Even without looking she knows who's voice was that.

"You are right. He's aiming to get the company from me."

"She's my wife!? She's mine! I won't let him have her.!", Her father shouted.

Winter's brow furrowed, confused of who is her father talking to, and what are they talking about? Curious, Winter leaned closer to the door eavesdropping on his father. When suddenly she got outbalanced, and stumbled her way inside the office.

"Min Jeong!? You!? Get out!", Her father shouted glaring and pointing a finger on her, signaling her to get out. But before she stood up, she hover her eyes all over the room. And found no one inside except her father.

————-

And one time, she happened to passed by her parent's bedroom. She heard a loud voice, which apparently came from his father again. But this time, she also heard her mother's voice.

"Are you going to office because you wanted to see him!?", Her father shouted angrily.

"What are you talking about? I told you I was needed there for the meeting! You're the CEO you are supposed to know why I needed to go there now?", Her mother answered.

"I don't even know anymore! You've been seeing him behind my back I know that!'

"I'm not, you already fired him. If you still don't believe me then come with me. I don't know what else should I do just for you to believe me. I already stopped seeing him as you wanted to."