Astoria

TW: Mention and description to what could beconsidered forced captivity.

Oh, fuck. Was the first thing Draco thought. But he schooled his expression and put on a nice smile.

– Sure, Ms. Greengrass, as you wish. – Draco said, with a small fear growing in him when he saw the resolution in Astoria Greengrass's eyes as she strode down the maze corridor. She had her wand out, and Draco's eyes were drawn to it. He hoped Potter was ready to strike on his behalf, because he was not about to start a duel with his fake prospect bride unless he was sure that it was necessary.

Muffliato. Silencio. Inmotus. – Was all she casted, but Draco didn't relax.

– So, this is a private conversation, Ms. Greengrass? – Draco asked her, putting his glass down at the closest table and letting his hand free to grab his wand if it came down to it. At least he was happy that Astoria casted those silencing spells because whatever she wanted, at least the nosy ears of Harry Potter would not listen.

– I cannot marry you! – Astoria Greengrass spat, with her eyes filled with tears. – I'm sorry, I can't, and I won't!

Draco could have been at least a bit offended, since she looked absolutely terrified of the mere prospect of marrying him, but he was just relieved because that made everything easier for him. And Draco tried to hold back, but Astoria's desperate face was actually a little funny from his point of view.

Do not laugh you idiot. Draco again tried to school his expression, but immediately herd himself snort. A small laugh followed, filling Astoria's face with shock and then pure rage.

– I'm sorry, I'm really sorry, please don't curse me! – He begged, trying to school his face once again.

– What is funny, Mr. Malfoy? – She asked, wand still at ready.

– Nothing, absolutely nothing, I'm sorry. It's just the relief to know we're on the same page. – Draco tried to fix his first bad impression. – I'm sorry, Ms. Greengrass, but whatever our mothers have planned on their delusional minds, I take no part in it, and have no intention to pursue you, so you may put your mind at rest.

– Oh! – She said, eyes widening. She seemed quite convinced Draco was set on marrying her. – Oh, you're not, you don't want to...

– I mean no offense, but no. – Draco assured. – Although I myself may be a little offended with your absolute terror on marrying me, Ms. Greengrass. But I guess I have to admit that it is quite understandable... I know I have zero prestige left.

– No, no! – Astoria was at a loss of words. – Oh, Merlin, I'm sorry, I don't mean it like that, it is just. Oh, that is a relief! My mother told me you had your mind set on me.

– I never said such thing to her. – Draco said, still slightly amused.

– Oh, I'm so sorry, I don't mean, I didn't mean to offend you, is just... – She was still stumbling on her words and starting to look a bit pale.

– It's ok, don't worry. – Draco said, approaching her gently. – As long as you don't curse me.

– Oh, fuck. Sorry. – She said and pushed her wand down a pocked in her fancy robes.

Draco laughed again both at the cursing and excess of apologies.

– Really, I just, give me a minute, I feel like I'm going to faint. I haven't slept at all last night. – She said. Draco conjured a chair for her, and she plummeted down. Draco bent down in front of her.