The consultant detective

TW: Angst, social judgement, pain, intrusive thoughts, and small description of a panic attack.

When Draco opened the Daily Prophet on the first Monday morning of August, he was sitting in the comfort of his office, with the Aurum Papilio case closed, the wedding season finished, and the memories of the amazing celebration he had planned for his hot boyfriend's birthday still buzzing in the back of his mind.

Draco was ready to go back to his irrelevant facade cases of finding lost family members or searching for missing pets while keeping an eye open for other large threats. Draco hoped that no other large threat appeared anytime soon, and that he could just have some quiet time to enjoy a bit more of Harry soon.

Thus, the last thing Draco expected to see in that calm morning on the front page of the Prophet was a picture of himself. Much less that picture. He recognized it immediately. It was the one they took when he was sent to Azkaban. He looked like a frightened and skinny teenager, which indeed he was, but at least his eyes still had some defiance left. He remembered that moment very well, and he wanted to kill that photographer, because the last thing he needed back then was having his picture taken.

But the picture was not the worst. The headline was even more unbelievable.

Draco Malfoy: from Death Eater to Hero?

The latest developments on the Aurum Papilio case and her dangerous organization have been revealed by former Head Auror and our Saviour Harry Potter, and the details are shocking. Read everything on page 4.

Draco fumbled to open the damn thing on page four and there was the same headline, with yet another picture of him, but this one was recent. It was taken on the night they fought and arrested Daphne at the Ministry, but he did not remember any photographers being there that night.

How the hell did these people had pictures of him?

At the very least he looked gorgeous on the second picture, the perfect image of intelligence, class, and glamour, even though he was a bit unkempt from the battle. He looked very much like a skilled detective, like the Wizarding version of Sherlock Holmes, only much more good-looking and without a smoking addiction or a silly hat. But that was his only consolation, because the text that followed dampened whatever good mood he might have had.

Draco Malfoy: from Death Eater to Hero?

On the past month the Wizarding World was shocked with the attack to the Ministry of Magic by another dark organization, called "The Golden Butterfly", and her leader, Daphne Greengrass, who used a codename during her operations, and called herself "Aurum Papilio".

We all rejoiced when our saviour, Harry Potter, was quickly made Head Auror and managed to deal with all the mess in the Ministry, arrested Daphne Greengrass and defeated a Dark Creature that she released from the Department of Mysteries. As usual, the Wizarding World can rest with our Saviour around.

However, what we did not know was that a former Death Eater, convicted by the Wizengamot and that spent three months in Azkaban before being released under strange and dubious circumstances, had helped our real Saviour.

Draco Malfoy is the son of Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy, a pureblood wizard, descendant of two of the most traditional family trees of the Wizarding World: the Malfoys on his father side, and the Blacks on his mother side. Both families are known for having produced several Dark Wizards and lunatics, such as Nicholas Malfoy and Bellatrix Lestrange (neé Black).

Draco's father, Lucius Malfoy is a convicted Death Eater, guilted of hosting You-Know-Who during the war, and acting as his right-hand man. As part of his sentence, Lucius Malfoy was stricken of his titles, money, and estates, but instead of confiscated by the Ministry, as they should have been, the title and money and estates were just passed down to the new Malfoy Heir, Draco, for reasons that were once again not revealed to the public.