The premonition

TW: Blood, injury and death.

Obs: This chapter contains a song. It was based on a song called 'Here's a health to the company' by The Longest Johns, but some of the verses in the chapter were written by me. But you can reference the original to get the feeling of the rythm if you want to!

Harry was floating over a location he had never seen before. There were several cliffs, but one stood out from the others, with a peak that rose like an arrow towards the sky. It looked impossible to reach that place other than by flying, but the view was breathtaking. On the horizon, a storm was forming and the sea down the cliffs was crashing against the dark stones with a cold fury.

All of a sudden, Harry was right above that high peak, and he wasn't expecting the sharp pull that made him start to fall. He cast a Cushioning Charm to avoid crashing in the stones, but it still hurt when he hit the ground. He had to grab the green grass on that peak to keep himself from rolling down and ended up scratching his hands in the process. His wand was lost.

Eventually, he managed to get himself up and look around. The peak was so high that the clouds were traveling around him, casting a fog everywhere and keeping him form seeing much.

Then, a strong wind blew, dissipating the fog, and just ahead, on the edge of that sharp peak, there was Draco.

He had his back turned to Harry and was looking down. He was far too close to the edge, and Harry rushed to him.

– Draco, get out of there! – Harry yelled as he raced upwards, but Draco didn't move.

– It's down there. – Draco said, as if he was in a trance.

– What? – Harry felt a chill going down his spine,

– The answer is down there. I have to go down. – Draco said.

Harry had reached him, and he grabbed Draco's arm with all the strength he had left.

– Draco, move away from that edge... – Harry asked, trying to pull him, but Draco didn't bulge.

– I have to go down, Harry. – He said, and when he turned to Harry, his silver eyes were a bit out of focus.

Before Harry managed to pull him away, a lighting stroke down from the sky, and hit the sharp edge of the peak, just ahead of where Draco was. The stone could not absorb the electric discharge, and it exploded in a thousand pieces.

The floor below Draco began to yield.

– Draco! – Harry was still holding onto Draco's arm with all his strength, but the stone under his feet also began to move, so he slipped and crashed onto the floor.

The pain was deep and something sharp cut Harry's chest just below his ribs. There was a sound of a bone cracking. Harry heard himself scream, but despite all the pain, he kept his grip on Draco's arm.

When Harry opened his eyes, Draco was hanging from the edge of the cliff, and the only thing that kept him from falling hundreds of meters into nothing but stone and sea, was Harry's injured arm.

– Draco! – Harry yelled. The sound of the waves crashing, and the wind gushing was too loud. The sound of the thunder was still ringing in his ears.

Harry watched powerless as his blood started to stream down his arm and into his hand, the hand that was still holding onto Draco.

Blood was slippery.