The Magic of Love

TW: Violence, non-consensual drug administration, social judgement.

Draco could tell that the resolution on Harry's face meant he also did not think wise to let that creature drink 'the bane of will'. Harry enlarged their magically binding ropes, that kept their wrists bound to each other, and let go of Draco's hand to grab his wand with his right, and dominant hand.

If they were in a less complicated situation Draco might have even complement him on learning how to perform wordless magic with his non-dominant hand. Harry's wand movements were as perfect as always while he was using his left hand. But Draco was driven out of those thoughts when he and Harry had to let go of each other.

He felt himself faltering a bit, as if something cold had enveloped him entirely. But it could not be the creature, because their Patronus were still hovering around them protectively. It was both troubling and exciting to understand that was simply a reaction to the absence of Harry's touch.

They needed a quick plan, so Draco pulled Harry and signalled him, using the standard signs of the Auror Department, that Elena insisted he learned during his training. He told Harry they should circle around the voices and try to get to Daphne. Naturally Harry didn't like it, and instantly frowned at the suggestion. Draco rolled his eyes fondly at him, and repeated the signs, trying to convey that they should go together.

This time Harry smiled and nodded. Then Draco turned to Myla and the idiotic little brat was smirking at him and Harry. Draco took a deep and calming breath, once again regretting to have offered a job to that girl. He just knew she was going to be a problem. Draco waved his wand again, and the words 'go back to the entrance' formed. Myla nodded in agreement, and started to retreat, and soon she disappeared in the fog. The rope that bounded the two of them to her started to extend, and if they had any luck, she would be the one to guide them out of that fog.

Then Harry and Draco started to move, as silently as they could, walking as close as they could, with their Patronus following them protectively. However, there were no more sounds for them to follow, and the whole room was immersed in the most absolute silence. Then suddenly, the shadow of that creature passed in between him and Harry, and the fog in between them grew denser.

In one minute Harry was right in front of him, and in the next, he was gone.

– Harry! – Draco called.

– Draco! I'm over here! – A voice answered in the mist, but Draco could not tell where it was coming from.

Their patronuses were gone, and Draco felt the cold getting more intense. He tried to occlude to keep any intrusive thoughts to get back to his mind due to the influence of that creature. He knew that he needed a clear mind for this.

– Shit! – Draco complained, and he was getting fed up with Daphne and her endeavours.

He was not going to lose to Daphne again. No. This time he'd burn her. Her reign was going to be over on that night.

Magnuignis. – Draco whispered, and his left hand was lit with a green flame.

Harry will be pissed at me. Draco thought. He was about to be very reckless.

– Hey Daphne! Come get me! – Draco yelled, flaring his flames up as a huge signal to mark his position. That could attract Daphne and that creature, but it would also be a reference point to both Harry and Elena. If it was three against two, the odds would be in their favour.

– Oh, I knew you'd be here you little devil! – Daphne's voice echoed through the room, and soon Draco saw a hex flying in his direction.

He dodged it just in time, jumping to his right.