Øistein Viken Sykehus

TW: Blood and description of injury. Heavy feelings of guilt and anger.

Harry's head was spinning when the white door closed in his face and Draco disappeared behind it. He felt his vision blur when more tears streamed down his face.

– It was my fault. Elena, I'm sorry, it was my fault. – Harry managed to spill. – He... He pushed me. It was supposed to have hit me. He pushed me! – Harry repeated, hearing the desperation in his voice.

– Harry, calm down. Look at me! – Elena asked, and Harry blinked a couple of times, until she came fully into focus. – Harry, Draco is going to live, ok? He is not in any immediate danger. It's a complicated curse, but you were fast to call me, and we brought him here in time. He'll make a full recovery, ok? I assure you!

Harry finally felt a small bit of relieve and let out a trembling breath. He saw a bench nearby, and plummeted down on it, feeling his legs trembling as well. Elena sat down next to him, and Harry tried to calm down, but his desperation was still far worse than he expected. When he looked down at his hands, he noticed they were also trembling and tinted in Draco's red blood. His whole body was trembling.

– What happened? Can you tell me? – Elena asked, laying a gentle hand in his shoulder. – Why were you attacked at Malfoy Manor, of all places?

Harry took another deep breath and forced himself to concentrate. Ideally, he had to tell Elena what happened without revealing much from the case, but his mind was not functioning properly. And at this point he really didn't care much anyway.

– We were going there to destroy a diary. As part of the case we've been working on, we found out that some dangerous people wanted to get their hands on this diary that belonged to Nicholas Malfoy, so we needed to destroy it. But when we got to the Manor's library, those people were already there and were about to get the diary, so we duelled them. In the end, I made a mistake. I was sure my spell had fully knocked them down, there was no escape, but they somehow...

– Harry, wait... What spells are you talking about? I could use some details... – Elena asked. – The curse is not our main problem; Draco's magic was also heavily depleted, and it will help if I can tell the Healers why.

– Right. Well... One of our attackers casted a protego diabolica... – Harry started again, but paused, trying his best to remember every single detail to tell Elena. If it could help Draco, he needed to lay down every single thing exactly as it happened.

– Harry, please tell me that Draco did not attempt to control a protego diabolica with his pyromancy... – Elena's voice trembled slightly.

Harry shut his eyes and nodded.

– Fuck! That annoying idiot! I'll curse him myself when he wakes up! – Elena was pissed. – How did he do it?

– He cut his left hand with his black dagger, then his blood caught on fire. It was a blue fire, that looked exactly like the one in the protego diabolica. He made his fire force a hole in the shield, and I cast a spell through the hole. – Harry kept his eyes shut, trying to remember each detail the best he could.

– Oh my God, I will kill him! – Elena was furious. – Why do I even bother with him?! He's always so reckless!

– Is it that bad? – Harry felt all his worries raining down on him again. – Draco looked exhausted after, but he was still talking to me normally, and laughing and everything! – Harry opened his eyes to face Elena and try to fish something out of her expression.