Auror Potter

Draco wanted to believe that the worst was past them, but his instincts told him otherwise. As he followed Harry Auror Potter through the narrow and dirty streets of Knockturn Alley, he could sense that something was off. The streets were too empty, and too silent. Potter seemed to be worried too, and before they took the next turn he lifted a hand in the air, gesturing them to stop. Draco did, and lifted his wand, ready for anything.

Even little Anya sensed something was wrong, probably felling Draco tensing as he held her. She silently gestured for Draco to put her down, and he did. Potter turned back to look at them, obviously needing to say something, but still evaluating something in his mind. Draco casted a wordless Muffliato around them.

- Potter, what is going on here today? - Draco asked, still whispering.

- We are in the middle of an operation. - He explained. - But I think it already went off the rails. I thought the anonymous tip we received was fake, but Robbards wanted to follow it anyway. So, this may be a trap, and it looks too late for me to get you through, and back to Diagonal Alley.

Draco sighed, furious with his own lack of anything closely resembled to luck. Of course he was trapped in the middle of a failed Auror operation with a distressed Anya. That was just the way his life was. But his goddaughter was no ordinary child, so that made somethings easier at least. When Anya heard Potter explanation, her eyes widened in alarm, and whatever distress she had on her face disappeared. Her mother did always train her for the worst.

- Are you here for a person of a thing? - Draco asked, trying to get more information quickly. - Potter's eyes widened slightly in surprise, but he answered anyway.

- A thing. - He said.

- Right. Thought so. - Draco said. If the Aurors were there for a person, he would have known, because the information would probably have come from Draco himself, passed on through Elena. - Borgin and Burkes or street trade?

Potter's eyes were still surprised, but he kept answering.

- Street trade. - Potter said.

That was also obvious, but it was better to confirm either way.

- And I am only assuming, but the genius that though it to be a good idea to infest Knockturn Alley with Aurors to stop the trade and find the item instead of preparing a small infiltration was Robbards? - Draco said, too frustrated with the whole thing to keep his mouth shut.

Potter deflated, clearly also frustrated with that situation himself, and looking a bit embarrassed on behalf of his boss.

- Yes. - He confirmed, rubbing his eyes under his glasses.

- Great. Really, brilliant! - Draco spat, pinching the bridge of his nose, as if that gesture alone could make his recent headache yield.

- Stay close to me, I'll get you through eventually. - Potter said, apologetically.

Draco nodded.

- Anya... - Draco turned to her.

- Yes, stay close to you, silent as a shadow, I know the drill. - She said, fully recovered and attentive.

Draco nodded proudly and saw Potter's eyes widen in shock once again. He clearly didn't expect that mature behaviour from the previously distressed Anya, but she had only been distressed because the teenager pendant-stealing situation was unimportant, and she just though she lost her beloved necklace. Now that things were serious, she was fully calm and prepared. That was Draco's little serpent. That was Elena Carter's daughter.