The case closes

TW: Discussion of traumatic events, and small description of panic attack.

On a rainy Friday afternoon, on July 4th, 2003, after Daphne Greengrass was finally sent to Azkaban, the Golden Trio was standing in front of Kingsley Shacklebolt, who was now fully healed and already reinstated as Minister of Magic. He was bearing a very large smile.

– You three did much better than expected, and I already expected great things from you! – Kingsley started as soon as they all settled down in the chairs. – The way that you all handled things here, and handled that Aurum Papilio mess, I must say, I'm very impressed, even with all your history of success.

– Thank you, Kingsley. – Hermione was, as usual, speaking for all of them.

– I must admit, Ms. Granger, I thought you were not yet ready for it. But since Elena insisted so much on it, I decided to give you a chance, and put you in charge. I'm glad I listened to her, because I don't think another person would have handled it so well.

– Wait, what? – Hermione frowned, and Harry did to.

Elena told you to put Hermione in charge?! – Harry asked. Harry was sure she had said that Kingsley had chosen Hermione himself.

– Yes. She was very insistent on it, as a matter of fact. – Kingsley said.

Then Hermione opened a broad smile and turned to Harry, but he just frowned.

This can't mean what I think it means, right? He thought to himself.

But they said nothing more on the matter. They proceeded to discuss all the latest developments of the Aurum Papilio case, more specifically Myla's pardon agreement and her work for Draco, and all the dates for the trials of the members of the Golden Butterfly that had already been arrested.

Myla and Erick were officially working for Draco's Private Investigation office now, and they were currently staying in a small flat right across the street from Draco's office, at Siddons Lane. Draco had added so many layers of protective wards to that small flat, that those two siblings were probably the safest people on the whole country.

They had managed to arrest all the most dangerous members of the Golden Butterfly, that were awaiting trial. Of course that the trials would take a long time, and they would still be working to catch the rest of the butterflies for a while, but Harry was happy to know that he could at least sleep in peace for a whole weekend, without any blaring warning or emergency calls coming up.

It was only when the three were safely hidden inside Harry's and Ron's office, under a Muffliato, that Hermione went back to talk about Elena.

– That woman is indeed a great liar! She said she had no personal reason to tell us about The Aeternum Caput when she entered Draco's office that day... – Hermione said, crossing her arms but looking amused.

– Why would she insist on appointing you? – Ron asked, and Harry stared at Hermione trying to think about the same thing.

– Oh my God, it's obvious! – Hermione said, and Harry frowned.

– It couldn't be... – Harry was convinced that what he thought was too absurd to be true.

– If I was in charge, she'd have a reason to tell us the truth about the Caput, so that you could learn the truth about Draco, Harry! – Hermione said, smiling broadly and looking very certain of her conclusion.

– No, babe! Come on, the woman would not reveal her whole organization just so that... – Ron gave up on his sentence before he finished it, and then he stared at Harry.