The stillness before the storm

It was 2 p.m. when Harry and Draco apparated into Siddons Lane and entered Draco's office after having a brunch and a 'quick' shower. They were both smiling broadly, and with little focus to get any work done, but they needed to. Aurum Papilio was still on the loose, and they still needed to catch her. Moreover, they hadn't addressed the Narcissa problem yet.

It had been a great and necessary break from the case, and Harry felt that Draco also was looking better rested now, and all that heavy weight in his eyes was gone. Both of them were much better. They had not talked anything through, but there was this silent agreement that they had something going on, and that this something meant something. And that was enough for now. It was not the right time for Harry to confess his newfound love to Draco.

– Stay at least 10 ft away from me, Potter, we need to focus. – Draco complained, when Harry embraced him from behind to inhale a bit more of that amazing smell of his hair.

– Oh, sorry, I didn't know my proximity was that distracting to you... – Harry teased him. Draco blushed slightly but soon schooled his expression. It was interesting to notice how well Harry could guess Draco's thoughts now, just by looking at him. He was still trying to fake some nonchalance, but Harry could see right through it, because his eyes were glistening with happiness.

– You flatter yourself, Potter. – Draco rolled his eyes, trying to hold back a smile. – I'm only trying to keep your obvious obsession with me in check. I know I'm irresistible, but do try to control yourself, huh? We have work to do.

Harry wanted to shut him up with a hard kiss, but the beeping that said someone was at the door started to sound. They both rushed anxiously to the window, but it was just Ron and Hermione.

– Ahn, so... – Draco started, a bit warily. – How should we do this...?

– They know. I apparated to my place this morning before getting breakfast and they were there, and Hermione figured it out just by looking at me. – Harry said, not wanting to explain much more about the events of that morning.

– Oh... Of course she did. And they're ok with it? – Draco sounded worried.

– Yeah... – Harry pulled him close and kissed him softly. – Hermione wanted me to talk to you though. And I did try...

– Hum... But I was too irresistible, and you ended up giving into your obsession? – Draco teased him with another soft kiss.

– Yeah... Something like that. – Harry whispered.

– But we're ok, aren't we? This is something, and we'll figure things out later... Whenever it gets less crazy, right? – Draco looked up to him with those glistening silver eyes.

– Yeah. We can figure everything out when AP is locked up in Azkaban, right? – Harry said.

– Sure... Right. – Draco smiled at him. – Then unhand me so I can let them in...

Only then Harry noticed he was holding Draco tightly in an embrace. He reluctantly let him go. Draco opened the door and Harry heard Hermione's voice.

– Oh, finally! There you are, Draco! Is Harry with you? – She asked.

Draco smiled softly and looked at Harry.

– Yeah, he's in here, come on in. – Draco said, and both Ron and Hermione walked in.

Hermione opened a broad smile when she saw them both.

– So, did you boys work things out? – She asked, her eyes shifting from Draco to Harry and back to Draco.