Part 7

Let's NEVER do that again.

Hearing Splinter rant about his past and "the good old days" was excruciatingly painful and cringe. I do feel sorry for him and I did try to empathize with him but it was difficult.

Note to self: next time a former martial arts master/movie star offers to talk about their career, kindly decline.

Anyway, after I was finally free from Splinter's imprisonment (he fell asleep and I left the room), I decided to join the others in whatever they were doing. But there was a problem. They were all gone. Like gurl- WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO INSIDE A SEWER HOUSE WITH A SLEEPING RAT AND NO WAY HOME?

I checked my phone and saw a message from April (we exchanged phone numbers and stuff while walking to the lair).

                     2 hours ago
🟡" We didn't know how long it was gonna take Splints to teach u abt himself, so we decided to grab some pizza."

"Don't know when we'll be back, but probably in a bit"

                                 "I'm finally free, are
                                   you almost back?
                                  It's been 2 hours
                                    since you sent
                                  those messages"

                                                         Sent

Half an hour passed and she didn't even see the messages💀. So casually, since I had nothing else to do and wasn't connected to the wifi, I decided to explore a little because something in my gut was telling me I would be chilling in this place quite often from now on.

The lair itself - giant skating aside-wasn't very big. The rooms were cute, with tons of graffiti on the walls. Mikey really is an artist. It didn't take me long to make my way around it especially, since I didn't go into the bedrooms. I already felt bad for roaming around someone's house without permission, I didn't want to disrespect their privacy.

Buuuut that doesn't mean I can't be curious. Right? Anyone would be tempted if they were in my place. Standing in front of the one room I was told not to go in when someone was inside. But no one was inside right now since -as I was informed by April-they had all gone out for pizza. So I decided to enter: the lab.
[dramatic and mysterious echo]