The Date

Heads up, the povs will be kinda mixed in this one.

Donnie pov:

We began making our way towards the stores, y/n's hand in mine. Her hand, in mine. Can you belive it? I noticed she was kinda staring at me.

🟣"Is everything okay?"

⚪"Yeah.. Yeah. I just-it's so weird seeing you as a human. I don't mean in it in a weird way though"

🟣"Haha, it's okay. It's difficult for me too!"

⚪"I always thought human you would wear glasses."

🟣"Oh my dear, it appears I've decieved you. I do wear glasses! They're just in the form of discreet circular lenses, comfortably sitting on my eyeballs"

⚪"So...You're just wearing contact lenses"

🟣"Yes. I always do actually, even when I'm not human. It's better than wearing my glasses. They don't fog up, fall, break. Yk?"

⚪"Oh now I HAVE to see you wear your glasses someday!"

🟣"Not a chance. I'm trying to fight the nerd stereotypes"

⚪"Tbh you're kinda failing at it. Anyway, what else do you like about your human version?"

🟣"The fact that my eyebrows are REAL. Oh, and the five fingers. FIVE. FINGERS. The amount of time they'd save me is just incredible to think about" I rumbled.

Y/n: he's so cute when he rumbles.

She was looking at me and she was smiling. She was so beautiful. Her smile was so warm and genuine. God, I love being around her.

That thought must've made me blush a little bc she asked me:

⚪"Are you hot? You must be, wearing sweatpants in this weather. OOOH!"

she gasped and paused.

🟣"Why do I not like this?"

⚪"DO YOU KNOW WHAT WE SHOULD DO?!?!"

🟣"What?😰"

⚪"WE SHOULD PICK EACH-OTHER'S OUTFITS OMG YESSSS!"

She let go of my hand and started spinning in excitement. My hand felt suddenly empty. But my heart was full of warmth seeing her so happy.

🟣"Hm, okay. But you better pick something flattering for me"

⚪"Yes sir" she mocked.

And then she did something I wasn't expecting. She took my hand again. On her own. I didn't even have to do anything. And then, as we were walking through times square, she wrapped her hand around my arm and rested her head on my shoulder.

I literally did not know what to do. I didn't say anything or react in any way. Which idk if it was a good or bad thing. We'll see.

Your pov:

I think I caught him blushing earlier. Super good sign. Time to force it 😈.

I hugged his arm and rested my head on his shoulder (#couplegoals). It was a good reminder of the fact he works out. He's actually quite muscular for his age. Honestly...... Hella hot. That Boi spicy.

I could tell he felt kinda awkward bc he stiffened up a bit "I'm trying to fight the nerd stereotypes" pfff yeah. I could also hear his heartbeat. Super fast. A good sign. But maybe I should go easy on him.
So I decided to go back to just holding his hand.

Donnie pov:

Stupid Donnie, WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO AWKWARD?!? I liked the feeling of her being this close to me. I gotta chase it.

As we were walking, she suddenly stopped

⚪"Okay, we're splitting up here. You go that way, I'll go this way. Let's meet back here in like, 35 mins?"

🟣"What? Oh, yeah, the outfit thing. Sure, see you in 35."

⚪"Okay, bye!" she waved and she left.

Okay Donnie, pick something good. It's an easy task, our chances of messing up are low.
Hopefully.