XII. Dark Cupid

So, I'm publishing Dark Cupid early, as a back to school gift to everyone that's going back to school next week, 

I hope you all have a wonderful year, weather you are starting it in September, or you're half way though your year, Good luck and all the best, now I present to you, my fave to write (to date)

Dark Cupid

"In most fairy tales, the prince breaks the spell by kissing the princess. Can anyone tell us why?" Mrs. Bustier asked her class. 

Rose stood up and answered. "Because only love can conquer hate!" "Correct, Rose." As Rose sat down, Max stood up to speak. 

"Technically speaking, this reasoning is only exhibited in about 87% of all fairy tales and-" "Thank you, Max. That's enough." Mrs. Bustier cut Max off.

While the Agreste siblings were working on their valentines surprises. Which caught the attention of their teacher and Marinette.

"Adrien, Y/n, I hope what you're writing has to do with my lesson. Can you two tell me what I just said?" Mrs. Bustier asked the two, and in sync, they spoke. "That's why in most fairy tales, the prince breaks the spell by kissing the princess because only love conquers hate." The bell rang.

"Very good, you two! Now, everyone, don't forget to finish Sleeping Beauty by Charles Perrault tonight, and happy Valentine's day, students!" The students started to leave the class, some took longer than others but, Marinette stayed to figure out what Adrien had written. 

Atlas was interrupted by the boy's older sister. "Ready to go? I want to get there before they close." "Almost done, N/n. Never mind, this isn't good enough."

"It can't be that bad," The girl took the paper and read it. "Well, she might like it. But this isn't you, it doesn't sound like you. It sounds like something I'd write."

Marinette was now more curious as she saw her friend reading Adrien's card. She saw how she handed it back and how he threw it out. They both grabbed their bags and started to walk out but were interrupted by Chloé. "Hi ,Y/n, Adrien. Sign here, please." Who along with Sabrina held out two posters. 

"Oh, come on, you know I hate signing autographs, Chloé." Adrien complained as he knew his friend's intentions. "Oh, that's not what this is. This is a petition against cruelty to hamsters. Have you seen some of the ugly sweaters they are forced to wear? It's appalling. We've already filled out two posters. I would love it if you two. My oldest friends would support me on this." They both signed the 'petition', before running out.

The pair had a mission. Adrien wanted to write a love poem for his Lady and, Y/n wanted to get Luka a ring. The last time, they had gone out, Luka had really liked the ring, and Luka being the type of person he is, didn't get it as 'I don't need it, I just want it.'

But, as Luka's best friend and someone who had borrowed her father's credit card. She had a mission to get it for him.

They ran through the doors, of the school, and got into their car. "Hey gorrila. Can we make a little detour?" The man nodded at the girl's request and, he drove them to the store.

"Young lady, this is a nice ring? Is it for your boyfriend by any chance?" The lady at the store asked. "No, he's just a friend." "That's what they all say. I'm just asking as it comes with a pair, and it's a couples ring."

The girl thought about it and rolled her eyes, "Fine, I'll take the two." She paid and left. She put the ring on her left hand, pointer finger. "Did you get it?" Her brother asked as she re-entered the car. "Yep, lets go home." They started the ride home and the girl started to question her brother on the girl.