IV. The Bubbler

Season 1 Episode 2.

Thank you all for the reads and votes. I didn't actually think that anyone would read it.

(Y/n Pov)

My birthday. My 14th birthday, to be exact. It would be my first birthday without my mom. Thankfully it was a Saturday, so there was no need for me to be at school. My training with Master Fu to work with my fear of heights. It's not working. I got the week off Yin, and Yang told master Fu I needed a break. I wasn't there, but my Kwamis explained the situation to him. So, I wouldn't be going back for a bit, especially as Phantom.

I had already spoken to Lb and Cat about my leave, quote on quote. "I need to handle something I won't be helping out." They understood and said they could handle it. Thankfully there were not any attacks.

When I woke up, I acted like I was still asleep. I knew Adrien would wake up early to get something planned. "You can't stay in bed the whole day, child we know you're awake."

"Leave me alone! Let me sleep." I covered my head with my covers. "Yin's right, kid, it's no longer morning. You need to get out of bed." "You can't make me." They tried to pull on my covers it didn't work. I thought they had quit, but then I fell through my bed.

I went through the portal and landed on the floor. Yin had made a portal to get me out of bed, and it worked. "What's so important?" I said, annoyed at my Kwamis. "We need to talk." "About?" "About how you need to get out there." Yin responded, getting tired of my behavior.

"Yeah, you can't stay here the whole day. Your father and brother have tried to wake you up." Yang continued and, then they said in sync. "Take a shower, get dressed, go eat your breakfast." "Fine, but can you stop with the team up."

I grabbed my clothes and walked to my bathroom. I took a shower and just stayed there as the water ran down my back. I don't know how long I stayed there. After I exited the shower and dressed, I couldn't find Yin or Yang in my room. "Thanks for leaving. Not like I needed you today." I said to no one in particular.

I took a big deep breath before opening the door to my room and walking to the dining room. "Good morning, Y/n. Happy birthday." Natalie said to me as I sat down at the table. "Good morning, Natalie. Thanks." She had placed my breakfast in front of me, which was (your favorite breakfast) with a coffee/tea/milk/other.

"Adrien has gone to his photoshoot. Your father had a business meeting, and you have your Japanese class today. They tried to wake you up this morning, but we couldn't." "I didn't hear you, sorry." "It's alright this week is hard for all of us." "Yeah, who's my teacher?" It would be my first class. So, I hadn't met my teacher. "You'll see." She said with a smile and walked out of the room.

I finished my breakfast and walked around my home for a bit. I was about to enter my room when Natalie called me. "Sorry to interrupt your walk, but it's time for your class." She handed me a tablet. "Thanks, not just for reminding me but for being here." I couldn't hear her response as I walked into my room. I turned on the tablet and waited for the call to start.

I waited and waited, and no answer. I put the tablet down at a table and grabbed my violin. I had recorded a piano part on my phone, so I put it on as I played.  

(Not my vid, all credit to Amy lee.)

"That was beautiful, Y/n." A voice said from the table. "Thanks, sorry for not being there when you logged on-" I finally looked at the tablet and froze at the sight of my old friend. "Kagome!" I exclaimed. "Yeah, my mom is supposed to teach you Japanese. But since it's your birthday today, I'm going to be 'teaching' you Japanize." She winked, as she said, 'teaching' so, instead of teaching me. We spent 2 hours talking about everything.