17.

"Oh. Duh!" he says as he came to a realization. "They're machines, and one electromagnetic pulse will shut down any machine within range." He exclaimed. "Holy shit you're right" I said as I high-fived him. "Great!" She said before her face shows how annoyed she still is. "Except you better have an EMP emitter in your utility belt, because I know I don't have one in my quiver." He said as he shook his head no. "I'm fresh out." Robin said as he smiles despite his words. He looked over to me "what about you?" He asked me. "Not to my knowledge" I said as I listened to him as he continued talking. "But I'm betting we can make one." He said as he brings a hand to his ear. "Whaddya say, KF, doable?" He asked.  "Totally doable." He exclaimed as I heard the time announced. "Five minutes.". "Ya know, if you had more time." He added. Next thing I knew we were watching Robin pushing a panel open close to the floor, as he and Artemis step out. "Med Lab, X-ray machine." Kid instructed us. We make our way through the lab, staying slightly hunched in case.

"You'll find a small vacuum tube called a vircator" Kid said as Robin opens a panel on the X-ray machine. He and I found what Kid's talking about. "that converts high energy pulses." He said as Robin plugs in his HoloGlove. "Reprogram the unit's microwave conversion from X-rays to EMPs" he continued as Robin does as he said, then shuts off the Holo before reaching to take it out. "with a cascading energy vector directed outward." Kid said as Robin turns it slowly before it pops out. "A ripple effect," Robin realizes. "like dropping a stone in a pond." I added. He opens the Holo again. "A stone with 10 to the twelfth power wattage," Kid said as he recites with a joking tone. "Yeah." I said. "So, I'll need to hook it up to the Cave's main generator." Kid told us. Artemis arched an eyebrow as Robin shuts down the Holo. "Which is where?" She asked him. He says nothing as continues to look down. "You aren't going to like this" I said as Robin started to talk. We open a panel that we all land silently out of. We can overlook the scene without being seen.

"Okay. Make with the distraction." he tells Kid. "Hey, Red Tomato! Who's your girlfriend, Red Onion?" Kid yells, Conner looked confused but caught on easily. "Yeah, and by the way, worst death trap ever." he shouted. This gains the robots' attention. "We can escape any time we want." He added. "I can vibrate my molecules out of here before your binary brains can count to two!" Kid taunted. "Their insults are hard to listen to" I muttered to myself as I shook my head. "Cover us." Robin tells Artemis as we hook our grapple lines to the wall and swing over the generator. Artemis having nocked her last arrow. "And you can't drown a Kryptonian, dumb bots. We don't breathe air." Conner bluffed. Kid laughs obnoxiously as Robin disconnects his cable. "And Ms. Martian?" Kid continued as Robin pulled open the panel. "I can't believe you're buying her act." He said as Robin connects his HoloGlove. "Rerouting power now." he tells me. "Yeah." Conner says arrogantly. "You know how hot it gets in the cave of Mars?" He spat. Robin looks over his shoulder at me, before glaring at the screen. "It's not working." He mutters to me in frustration.

"That cage is just making her homesick." Conner griped. "Duh!" Kid said as he laughs again. Me and Robin see the problem: a small gap between the two components. "The circuit's incomplete." I say as he puts the connecting cord back into his glove. "I need something conductible. A piece of metal or-" he says as I looked over at them. "Robin, Spoiler look out!" Artemis screamed, just before a massive wave overtakes us and the platform we're on. I jump off just in time but Dick wasn't as lucky. Artemis takes aim, only to be knocked off course by a narrowly missed fireball. The arrow flies right past and they try to hit Artemis again, but the archer is quick to duck away. Going for another arrow, only to come away empty. She turns and we head back into the vent. Barely avoiding fire that licks at our boots. We get to a part of the vent that has been torn open from the events. By looking through another torn vent in front of the one we're in gives us the ability to see them while they can't see us. I tried to find Robin but didn't see him.