34

In Druges

I stood on a pedestal with Dick as the ringmaster appeared in front of the crowd in a puff of smoke. He smiled at the masses as he raised arms up in anticipation. "Welcome to the Haley international traveling circus!" He yelled as he did a complete 360 so he could look at each of the stands that were filled with people. He stopped and his smile got even wider. "Where the world of the center ring is your oyster" he added excitedly. "And these are our latest pearls" he said as he extended his cane in our direction. "The Daring Dangers" he said as the spotlight shifted upwards till it was on us. "Delilah Danger" he said as I waved to the crowd with my left hand, my other hand was busy holding three knives. We were dressed in white sleeveless one piece suits, they had red stripe details that went down our chest and stopped to meet the red sash that was wrapped around our waist. The masks were similar, they were white with a red stripe descending down the center. "Dan Danger!" He announced and Dick waved to them as trapeze equipment flew towards him.

He grabbed onto it and swung off the platform. I did a back handspring and when I landed I threw the knives at balloons, I smiled as they landing perfectly, popping each one. Dick did flips, I looked over as he brought his knees to his chest and held them there using his arms. "Dawn Danger" he added as M'gann flipped similarly as he flew by. "Diane Danger" he added as Artemis nocks two arrows in her bow and points them upward. "Dane Danger" the ringmaster yells as Roy does the same as Artemis. "And Dean Danger" he says as he concluded the introduction with Conner's alias. Conner throws three barrels in the air, each within quick succession of the previous one. Dick, and M'gann dive throw them as Roy and Artemis shoot arrows that are designed to look like x's in front of them while I stuck a pose that gestures to my targets. "You'll never see a trapeze act like this folks" he yells as the crowd cheers out in excitement. "And all performed without a net" he said as Dick grab on to the trapeze bars with after they exit the barrels after the trick.

M'gann does the same, her knees are bent to help her secure her to the bar. Dick did a flip off the bars and was supposed to grab M'gann's hand. I watch as his hand miss M'gann's. "DAN" I yelled out, I watched as fell. "Don't blow our cover" Dick says to us telepathically. "But saving your life's okay?" Conner asked as he throws a barrel for Dick to use as a landing point to jump off of, which he gladly does. He jumps up and his hands weren't quite close enough to grab onto hers. "What did I just say" he complains as M'gann uses her telepathy to pull his hands to meet hers. "The crowd couldn't see me use telekinesis from below. Besides, I've been using it all night I'm not exactly the acrobat you are" she said as she swings him along with her. They land on the platform and wave to the crowd below, making it seem like him falling was intentional. "Yeah, neither am I right now. I think I caught that 24-hour bug that's been going around the circus. But the show must go on" he said as he glanced over at her.

Flashback to mission briefing at Mount Justice

"Advance weapons tech has been stolen at manufacturing plants throughout Europe and each theft coincides with tour stops made by the Haley Circus" Robin said to us as we looked at a map that he had pulled up on a Holoscreen. "Batman's sending us undercover to catch the thieves" he added, as I nodded to the information he was relaying to us. "This clown car have room for one more?" Roy asked my younger brother as he walked up and stood behind Robin. "You going to act like a team player or whine like a little bitch?" I asked him as he glared at me. We have been doing better since the Cheshire thing, but not back to how we were. "Uh we've, we've got this covered" he said as he glanced over his shoulder at the older hero. I watch him get close to Robin's ear. "You've got the mission covered, but who's covering the three potential mole suspects you're bringing along?" He asked him. "Stop harassing my brother Red" I said as I glared. Robin looks away from Roy and back at us. Now he has a smirk on his face.