26.

At Mount Justice

Inside the Hangar Batman, Zatara, and Red Tornado watch as M'gann and Conner unload the BioShip. Kaldur and Wally stand beside them, Wally's arm still in a cast while Kaldur is in his uniform. "Did you get everything?" Batman asks. "Everything on your list, Batman," M'gann assures, "plus groceries." as she sets down one of the two boxes she's holding with her powers. Wally walks over and looks inside. "Cookie fixin's?" he asks excitedly. I also was excited, cookie making was a staple of the Wayne family. "Snickerdoodles!" she confirms. "Babe," Wally sighs, "you rock my world." While Kaldur and Conner undo the latches on the crates Conner took off the BioShip. Artemis and Zatanna arrive in the elevator. "Glad you're back, Zatanna. Does this mean you're officially joining the Team?" she asks. "Tup hcae meti ni reporp ecalp." Zatara incants, moving two boxes, directing them with his cane. "I don't know." Zatanna sighs, "Zatara's so overprotective. I mean, just getting him to let me visit takes a full day wheedling. I wish he'd just give me a little space!" She gripes. Suddenly all of the Leaguers disappear, the boxes they were carrying crashing to the ground.

I gasped when I saw my father disappear from the room. Artemis gasps as Zatanna yelps "Dad!" Me and Zatanna yell which catches everyone else's attention and makes them realize what happened. It took an hour for it to sink in and Mount Justice is now mostly dark, with only the screen giving light in the Training Deck. "We've set a- uhh- refugee center at the high school gym." Kid Flash says over the comm-link. He pauses for a second, while Robin and Zatanna keep typing away on separate holo-keyboards. "Any luck with-?" He said to my brother before being interrupted. "No." Robin says lowly. "Can't reach the Batcave, the Hall of Justice, or the Watch-" he cuts himself off. "or any adult hero." he corrects quickly. "Even Red Arrow." He said as I whispered. "No" I said as I stared at the screen. "Guess we're on our own." Kid says. "Kid Flash, out." He said before hanging up. "Traditional media is offline." Zatanna confirms. "But kids worldwide are all posting the same thing. Every adult, eighteen or older, has disappeared." Robin pauses shortly. "The sorcery necessary to pull this off..." she finally says. "Scary big." I add.

"And we need you to find its source." he tells her. Zatanna looks stunned and confused. "How am I-?" She asked. "I pulled this footage." he cuts in, pulling up a video with only a few clicks. "It's your dad, helping us locate Wotan and the Injustice League, last month." He said as I watched the screen. The video starts, showing off Zatara stepping up to a virtual globe in the very room they're in. "Etacol retnecipe fo yrecros." He said as the globe stops, and a red dot appears in Louisiana. "There." he confirms before the video stops. "But the- the words- I mean, it's only part of it. And the rest takes training and... Robin, I'm- I'm just not in Zatara's level." She said as I glanced over at her. He fully turns towards her. "I know it's hard but try to stay whelmed. We'll find your dad, Batman, all of them. That's what we do." He says as he gives her a small smile. She returns it, with a bit more in her eyes. "I believe in you" I said as I placed a hand on her shoulder. I knew she had the strength to do it.

In Happy Harbor

Inside a crashed car a baby is crying. Conner grabs the broken door and rips it off the car, throwing it away. Looking in at the small, probably toddler-aged, boy wearing a Superman hoodie. Conner eases the safety belts off, picking the kid with ease in one hand. Looking down at the kid with worry as he stares at him. The kid smiles, reaching out to put his hand over Conner's S, Conner smiles looking down at the boy's hand. As the boy pulls it away, Conner and he share a smile. I walk over to another car and saw a little girl sitting in it. I grabbed a window breaker out and used it. I cleared the glass and pulled the girl out. "I like Red Arrow too" I said as I saw she was wearing a Red Arrow T-shirt. We took them back to the gym of Happy Harbor High School. "Got a few more" I said as I walked in with 2 kids in my arms and one clinging to my back. "Yeahhhh" the little girl yelled as she saw the heroes. It was really cute to watch honestly. She's fucking adorable.