18.

At Mount Justice

Green Arrow places a bowl of pretzels on the table. Wally had both his shoulders on the table and is resting his chin on his crossed wrists. Artemis sits on the same side of the table as him, leaning her right elbow on the table as her head rests in her hand. Conner stands opposite of GA, the worry is clear on his face. M'gann sits across from Artemis, looking expectantly at the Hero clearly mirroring the Boy Wonder who sits beside her. I sat next to Robin. "Thanks, but no thanks." Wally says harshly. Green Arrow backs off instantly. "Yeah, what we want are answers," Robin says angrily. Wally follows Robin's trail of thought they turn towards the hero. "About Red Tornado and his siblings." He said in agreement. "Exactly." I snark. Conner kept his back mostly to us. He changed his attention to Aqualad and Batman, who stood on the far side of the room. "You knew?" Conner shouts. Kaldur barely has time to recognize who spoke before Superboy launches himself at him. "That android and his maniac family nearly killed M'gann!" He yells. I could feel the anger coming off him in violent waves.

M'gann flew over, she was confused. "Conner, what are you doing?" She asked the boy. "Kaldur knew we had a traitor among us and said nothing!" the teen snarled. "I knew too" I said as they all turned to me. "You knew?" Robin asked me, his feelings of betrayal clear in his voice. "And didn't tell us?" Kid speaks so closely behind Robin that it's hard for me to tell if they're just that in sync or it was actually meant to be two separate questions. "I sought to protect the Team from-" Kaldur looks to Conner as he speaks. "Let us explain" I said as I felt them all glaring at us. "Sought to protect us from what?" Artemis asked as she finally speaks up, she's just as mad as Robin and Wally. "Knowledge that might've saved our lives?" She spat. "Watch it" I said as I stood up. Conner turns to a mostly silent M'gann. "You almost died." He said angrily, she doesn't say anything but looks shaken nonetheless. "Enough." Batman says and gets the respect he demanded. Everyone turns towards him, him narrowing his eyes is all it takes for Conner to release his hold on Kaldur.

"With Red Tornado... missing the Team will now be overseen by rotation supervisors. Captain Marvel has volunteered to take the first shift." Batman said as I nodded. The mountain of a man, in a red and gold super suit, with a white cape over his left shoulder, face completely unobstructed to show off his blue eyes and slicked-back black hair, he stands taller than the Dark Knight as he stood beside him. "I'm really looking forward to hanging with you guys." he says simply, a small smile came over his features. We share a look behind a still tense Conner and Kaldur. The clone turns to the leader, speaking in a low snarl. "After I dismantle Red Tornado, you and I are gonna-" I cut him off. "Don't speak to him like that" I said as I glared at him. Batman started walking the second Conner looked away, clearly knowing what the teen was thinking. "Red Tornado is a member of the Justice League. That makes him a League responsibility. You will leave him to us." He said and calls up a HoloScreen of a newspaper article. "I have another assignment for this Team." He said as I listened.

"Gotham Mayor attacked by Guerilla Gorilla?" Wally reads the article, he had skepticism in his voice. "Was this the only thing he could find to distract us?" Conner asked us telepathically. "Batman, please!" Robin begged. "Tell me you're not sending us on this joke of a wild ape chase." He said as I spoke up. "Who the fuck do you think you are talking to?" I asked him as Batman spoke up. "I never joke about the mission." Dad said as he gives his protége no room to try to argue. "I've checked the sources." he continued. "I've studied the patterns. Mayor Hills' encounter is only the latest in a series of incidents." He said as he turns to the eldest. "Aqualad, you and your Team will depart for India and check this out." He said as we nodded. We are already walking towards the BioShip's hanger. Wally stops in front of me and Kaldur, he started making a small noise of disagreement. "Your Team." he taunted. It took all my self control not to punt him there and then. Kaldur watches the Team walk away with a determined look in his eyes. I placed my hand on his shoulder.