20.

At Mount Justice

Kaldur and Robin fight hand-to-hand on the training deck, both of them are in casual wear rather than their costumes, but that doesn't stop them from working hard. Robin comes in with a kick that was aimed at Kaldur's shoulder height. The older male dodges, gaining 8pts in comparison to Robin's 4pts for his attack. The Boy Wonder is quick to turn as soon as he touches the ground, getting close to Kaldur, and going in for a right punch that Kaldur blocks. Both of them gain 4pts for that, but Kaldur already had his right hand raised and goes for a cross that Robin ducks under, and he follows up with another, but Robin is quick into a back-handspring. Kaldur gains 14pts for his combo while Robin 10pts for his dodge and it's x2 the second his hands touch the ground. "Why don't you put that much effort into our fights" I asked my brother as he glanced at me before glancing back at his opponent. He ignored my comments as he focused back on the fight. "Coward" I mumbled as I continued to sip lightly on my smoothie. He was annoying anyway.

Kaldur is quick to follow him, while both Zatara and Captain Marvel watch, the lightning hero was eating a bar. Both watch with smiles as Kaldur gets in close he attempts a left-handed punch that Robin blocks, and attempts to palm-heel strike, but Kaldur does his own back-handspring to make distance. Robin gains 8pts for his block, while Kaldur gains 9pts for his combo. Robin finishes his combination with a front kick to get himself 5pts more and move closer to Kaldur. As M'gann, Conner, and Wolf approach the area, the floor light turns off and both relax, agreeing to finish later. The two aliens step off to the side, smiling at each other. "You know they're a couple, right?" Robin asks quietly to Kaldur. "I need before they even did" I stated as Robin glared. Two more sets of footsteps approach from the opposite direction, the two turn to see Wally and Artemis walking in. "Do we tell them?" the thirteen-year-old asks me and Kaldur. "It's not our place." Kaldur says strongly. I nodded in agreement. Both drop the topic when they get closer. I wondered if anything interesting was going to happen today. "So if Zatara is our babysitter of the week, why's he still here?" Wally questions, clearly annoyed. "And why's he eating my snacks?" Wally complained.

"Computer, national news." Batman says as he walks out of the Zeta Tube, not even slowing down as he walked into the center of the room. That was a tell tale sign that something was seriously wrong. "The initial attack was short-lived, but Metropolis was only granted a short reprieve." The reporter said as the TV shows the massive plant once again standing upright and attacking, a scraper already caught, then shattering before them. "And despite the intervention of Superman and the Justice League," I hear as the frame swaps to the top of the building, where two people are trapped, and just before the building shatter Superman picks them up and Hawkgirl flies onto the screen. "there seems to be no end in sight." She said to viewers as the camera follows Hawkgirl as she swings her mace at the plant, a Green Lantern saw cutting it off as she flies to meet him. The two head towards the spire-like plant as Hawkman follows behind them, hacking another vine on his way.

"Should we get out there?" Robin asked him excitedly. "No. The League will soon have the situation under control." Batman informs us. "That's not why I'm here. According to your Intel, Sportsmaster supplied Cadmus' Blockbuster formula to Kobra." He said as I nodded. "Who combined it with Bane's Venom to create Kobra-Venom." Wally says. "Which the Brain used to create his animal army." Robin added. "And upgrade Wolf." Conner says with a smile, petting Wolf under his chin. "The Brain also used inhibitor collars like the ones at Belle Reve penitentiary." M'gann remembered. "When do you want me to say 'and a patridge in a pear tree'" I remarked sarcastically. Artemis looks to the hero with worry. "Batman, is it possible that plant thingy's on Kobra-Venom, too?" She asked him. "I had Green Lantern run a spot analysis." the Dark Knight says as he gets a holographic keyboard in front of him. "Divine cellulose does contain trace amounts of a Kobra-Venom variant." He explained to us. "These cannot be coincidences," Kaldur says. I agreed with my teammate. "Unrelated criminals are cooperating with one another worldwide." I said as Robin gestures for his own holographic keyboard, typing away.