38.

"So anyone else gonna share some deep dark secret?" Wally asked as I finished talking. "I am" M'gann said as she rubbed her shoulder nervously. "I swear I was kidding" Wally said as he raised his hands in the air. "Queen Bee's been blackmailing me, she wants me in Santa Prisca too" M'gann said as she stared down at the floor. "Blackmailing? How so?" Aqualad asked her. "She knows my true Martian form" she said slowly, her voice was barely above a whisper. "Bald M'gann?" Robin asked as I elbowed him. "Who cares if-" Robin started to say before M'gann cut him off. "No" M'gann said as she sighed before she turned into a large white being with a red x across her chest. She had two fingers on each of her four limbs and stood on a fours. I scowled as Artemis and Wally gasped. The rest of us were silently shocked. They all took a step back, but not me and Superboy. "Oh" Rocket said as she stared at M'gann. "I realized you would never accept me if you saw what I really am" she said as she wrapped her upper limbs around where her shoulders would be.

"M'gann, did we truly seem so shallow?" Aqualad asked her as I nodded and smiled at her. "I have gotten to know the real you over the last few months, that is the only you I care about. Fuck what you look like, I value your personality so much more" I said as the whole team nodded. "I know, but I couldn't take a chance" she said as I listened to her. "Being a white Martian among the green on Mars, I endured constant rejection. I couldn't face that from-" she said before Conner cut her off. "From me?" Conner asked her as she looked away from us. I smiled at Roy and rested my head on his shoulder as Conner walked over and held her hand as he smiled at the girl he loved. "I've known since we mind melded last September in Bialiya" he said as she looked away again. "But that was before we even became a couple, why didn't you say anything?" She asked him as she cocked her head curiously to the side. "I figured that you'd tell me when you were ready" he said as he looked into her eyes and squeezed her hand.

I watched as M'gann's eyes glowed green and she sent Queen Bee flying back into a tree, she was knocked unconscious. I watched as Artemis shot an arrow at her father. "Queen Bee is down, Superboy you are safe from her control" M'gann told us over the telepathic link. "May not be much of a liar, but I fooled you" he said as I smirked while I continued to kick Cheshire's ass. "And I'm so proud" Lex said as he stood up from the ground. "I take it Miss Martian cleaned Red Sun from your mind?" He asked as I nodded to him. "Bet your ass she did" I said as I kicked Cheshire in the side and sent her tumbling a bit. "And confirmed that Aqualad, Kidflash, Robin, and Spoiler rescued me from Cadmus before you had time to install any other programming" Conner said as he walked towards the rich super villain. "All true, personally I blame Dr Desmond" Lex said as I heard cracking and turned to face Blockbuster once I was sure Jade was out. I watched as the Blockbuster monster broke out of his foam. This was about to get so much harder for us.

He slid across the ground and plows into Superboy, sending him far backwards to the edge of a cliff. I looked over to Lex as he said something in Spanish to Bane. "Goddamn it, why did I have to take French in high school?" I complained as Cheshire came charging at me again. "Do you ever just give up?" I asked her as I threw smoke bombs at her feet and snuck behind her and swung my leg into the side of her head. "Not a chance" she said as I heard gunfire coming from Bane's lackeys. I watched as Supercycle started flying and shooting at them. I looked as Artemis ducked and narrowly avoided the gunfire. "You've been a very naughty little girl" Sportsmaster said as he walked towards her. Artemis shot an arrow at him but he destroyed it with the ball and chain at his side. "Guys, reinforcement time" Artemis said as Roy came out of his hiding spot and ran beside me. "Rocket now" I said as I watched the hero fly out of a grove of trees. I looked slightly to my left and saw Kid Flash running towards us, he was in stealth tech.

I heard a noise and saw that Bane was filling his tubey things with the jacked juice he used to make him absolutely buff. "Time to go" Lex said to Mercy as he picked up Queen Bee and they left. Before they could go anywhere Aqualad fell from the trees above them, his waterbearers where shaped to look like dual swords. "Neither you or Queen Bee is going anywhere" he said as he pointed a sword threateningly at the billionaire. "This has been fun but I gotta go" I said as I knocked her feet from under her and punched her hard enough to KO her. "Ditto" I said as I did a flip and landed next to my teammate. "If you expect to detain me contact my attorney" Lex said as Mercy's arm transformed into a laser gun and she pointed it at us. She shot Aqualad moments after he was able to push me out of the way. I realized that my better option of helping my team out was to go assist Robin in knocking out the goons. "Peek a boo" I said to Robin as I punched a dude before landing a kick on another one.