Chapter 3 - Breakfast in the cabin

The next morning, the storm calms down but it's still raining outside. Smg3 sleeps peacefully, his hat lands on the floor and drools around his right cheek. Meggy wakes up yawning.

Meggy: Good morning Three, are you ready to...?

She stops herself before she wakes him up. With Smg3 still peacefully asleep, she decides to take the map from Smg3's back pocket then look around the cabin for any food. She finds some and starts to make breakfast for both of them, trying her best not to make too much noise. Smg3 wakes up slowly by a smell somewhere in the cabin. He wipes his cheek, feels disgusting about it then sees his hat on the floor. He picks it up and places it on his head. He gets up and stretches until he follows the smell.

Smg3's mind : I wonder who's cooking for breakfast? How nice of them.....WAIT!

Smg3 runs to the kitchen and sees Meggy's cooking.

Smg3: MEGGY WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?

She looks over at Smg3 while she's cooking and smiles at him.

Meggy: Oh good morning Smg3! I got up before you and found some food in the cabin so I decided to cook us some breakfast!

He looks at the food nervously then at Meggy.

Smg3: I know I'm rude and stuff but you can't cook! Everyone said that otherwise!

She stares at him for a minute.

Meggy: It's not that bad, come on you'll like it!

She has an excited and pleading look.

Smg3: Ugh I'll give you a chance but if I don't like it, I'm cooking next time!

He sits down on a chair until he receives a lot of texts from Smg4. He sighs annoyingly and replies back.

Smg3: God he worried too much!

Meggy finishes cooking then places a plate in front of him and sits down with her plate as well.

Meggy: Food is done!

She looks at him replying to his text messages.

Meggy: Was that Smg4 again? Is he still worried about us?

Smg3: Yeah it's Smg4 being a big baby saying that he misses us and he wants us to come home soon blah blah blah...

He finishes replying until he looks at the food which he's not too sure about Meggy's cooking. He pokes it with his fork. Meggy starts to eat and notices Smg3 is poking her food.

Meggy: Come on, it's not that bad!

Smg3 hesitates and starts to take a bite of the food. He chews slowly and tastes it. He looks at Meggy and gives her a thumbs up shakily.

Smg3: Not bad for a squid that can't cook.

He smiles weakly and continues to eat. She feels happy that someone enjoys her cooking without spitting it out and feels disgusted.

Meggy: Thanks Three! I'm glad you like it! So I was looking at the map a little bit earlier, it looks like we're not far from the castle from here.

He finishes eating as he gets up and washes dishes. After cleaning, he looks at the map then at Meggy.

Smg3: Don't tell anyone that I was being nice to you! Got it??

He looks outside once more and it is still pouring rain. She laughs about Smg3's comment about him being nice.

Meggy: Alright I won't tell anyone. So do we wait out the storm or try to go in it?

Smg3: Well we need to keep moving unless there's umbrellas somewhere in this cabin.

Smg3 gets up and starts searching for umbrellas. He notices an attic in the basement. He opens the door below him and looks closer until his body moves forward and falls down.

Smg3: AAAAAAA OOOF!

Meggy notices what happened to Smg3 and runs over to where he is.

Meggy: Smg3! What happened!?

Smg3: Oh I don't know, the attic decided to welcome me here!

He said it with sarcasm as he looked at his surroundings. It's pitch dark and the only sound he heard is tiny raindrops. Meggy lights one of the matches she found last night. It makes a very dim light as she jumps down cautiously to join him then she passes the lit match to Smg3 and lights another one for herself. He takes the match from her and tries to find an exit or something.

Meggy: Here, we can use these to look around until we find a lantern for better light.

Smg3: When did you find matches? It's too dangerous for squid like you.

He laughs genuinely as he looks at the match that he's holding on and looks worried for not burning his gloves.

Meggy: I found them last night with the lantern we use for light. I kept some just in case we need some later, though I didn't think we would need them this soon.

She laughs as she says the last part.

Meggy: Also I think I can handle a little fire!

As she says this, she runs into something and some stuff falls down and hits her on the head.

Meggy: OW! What was that?!

He sees everything that happened to Meggy and starts laughing hysterically.

Smg3: That was priceless! I wish I recorded it and made a meme out of it!

She looks over at Smg3 with an annoyed look.

Meggy: Thanks for the concern, really appreciate it.

She says in a sarcastic tone as she rubs her head. She looks at the stuff that fell and sees mostly junk and two umbrellas.

Meggy: I found some umbrellas! We could use it once we find the way out of here.

Smg3: How convenient, let's take them and leave.

Smg3 takes one umbrella and listens to raindrops getting louder. He points it to show Meggy the exit.

Smg3: Well we found freedom.

He smirks and exits the attic. He opens the umbrella and uses it to cover himself. Meggy gets up and follows him out while opening her umbrella and uses it to cover herself too.

Meggy: Alright now that we have a way to travel in the rain, we can continue on our path, we shouldn't have that much farther to go!

They start to travel down the path.